Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Anyone Have Any Information On Installing A Pioneer Avic-n1?
Thinking About Installing A Pioneer Navigation System Into A 300c. I Think That They Us Data Bus For Signal To The Factory Amp..
Any Information Would Help...
Thanks
Shawn

·
Registered
254 Posts
I would be curious to know this too.
I have a Kenwood 911 sitting around, but the only draw back to installing an aftermarket radio would be using the steering wheel controls, as well as having all the radio information displayed on the instrument panel... I really like this feature of the car especially when I'm listening to Sirius...
Any ideas on a way to solve that problem too...

Also another thing to think about... If you didn't get the navigation radio then you have cutouts in the polished piece for the knobs, I would assume to make an aftermarket radio look right in this situation you would have to replace the whole polished trim piece with one for a navigation equipped car, just to make it visually appealing....

Lots of things to consider...

Ron

·
Registered
71 Posts
Man, just get the stocker. :)

No negativity here: I think custom aftermarket installs are sweet and you should do whatever you like. That said, the stock nav radio with the Boston Acoustics Sound Group II (380Watt with subs) is (a) pretty damn sweet sounding and (b) totally integrated into the rest of the car systems in a really smooth way.

I used to be a custom audio/electronics guy ($10K systems in both my '96 Mystic Cobra and my '99 C5 FRC), and that stuff sounded great but never worked as well as the system does in my 300C. The steering wheel controls for EVERYTHING are awesome. . . the integration between the phone system, sound system, and nav system is tight and seamless. . . it's had a ton of testing. . . in general, I think it's just awesome.

fathemi

·
Registered
440 Posts
I had 2 12” subs added today with a 1200 watt amp and a 2.5-farad capacitor. I had a local shop tap into the factory system and it sounds great. I’ll try and post some pics tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts