Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wuz Up Peeps!! I am trying to change out the factory radion in a 300 touring, what exactly do I have to do? I know somebody has switched out the car factory radio. Please help!!! :mad:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome to the forum...

Your question is too broad for us to answer.

Are you asking about wiring? Are you asking about a new head unit? Are you asking how to remove the OEM unit?

Be more specific please!

Also, many questions like your's have already been answered.

Please use the "search" function, and you will find tons of useful information that has already been posted.

Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Radio Question

I want to place in another radio (Sony). The guy at the audio place said I had to buy a kit that runs for around 120.00. I want to know is there a radio installation kit for the 300 touring, and if so, where? I just do not want the factory radio. I added an amp and subwoofers and a radio w/ more watts (sony) will push the sub better than the factory radio. Is there a kit that can be bought or do I have to replace the whole dash instrument panel, since the factory radio is much smaller than the aftermarket radio.

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
run away from the store that quoted you $120 for an install kit! the kit itself runs for about $15 (give or take a couple of dollars) and the wiring harness is another $15. on top of that you'll need a antenna adapter which is roughly $10. the install is easy enough following directions from the above links. good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts