Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 828 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is dedicated to all those 300's with an aggressive stance. Whether it's dropped aggressively, slammed/bagged, has stretched tires, VIPSTYLED, or whatever, this is the place for'em. I'm tired of seeing 300's on 22's with 2inches of fender gap:pat:. This is wheels/suspension done right (imo). So, since I started, I'll start it off.

and to YOU!! I know YOU don't like it so you don't have to make a post saying that YOU don't like it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I LOVE IT MAN BUT I DONT' WANT TO LOSE MY COMFORT =/. I was planning to do some eibach, maybe a one or two inch drop but seriouslly losing comfort will suck.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I LOVE IT MAN BUT I DONT' WANT TO LOSE MY COMFORT =/. I was planning to do some eibach, maybe a one or two inch drop but seriouslly losing comfort will suck.
Comfort cost money. Airbags tend to retain some of the mushiness you may like (the float I guess). However, you can typically do a good drop without having to give up a comfortable ride. It really depends on your intent. If you're setting up suspension for performance, then forget about it. If it's just for the look, a good set of coilovers will do wonders and since it's simply visual, you can change it as neccessary. What A LOT of people tend to do is simply buy springs. That's the cheapest way to lower your car (besides cutting your springs) but it's also the least comfortable. Couple that with a tire the void of sidewalls, and yeah, you'll be uncomfortable. However, I know plenty of cars that have a pretty aggressive drop but still comfortable enough for the wife to take a long cruise in. I plan to be among that list again with my C.

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
I can't say much for aggressive wheel/tire setups (as I've always stayed well within the "safe" range for offsets), but I've definitely dumped a few cars. :fing02:

My old 300C on UAS:

My current SRT8 on Sportlines with removed rear isolators (and my buddy's Charger in the background that we put my old UAS setup on):

Also, in reference to the few comments made about ride comfort. There is NO issue with air ride and any sort of "floating". The UAS setup coupled with the adjustable Koni struts is absolutely amazing. A nice tight sporty ride is easily attained with a lowered ride height and a stiff setting on the strut. I'm sure you could lighten the settings on the struts and go a little higher PSI in each bag for a more comfortable ride, but what fun would that be? If you've got air ride, there's only one height to roll at. Low. :biggrin:

·
Banned
172 Posts
Our cars really look much better dropped low. Makes them seem so much longer. The black one on the top with the viper rims and the first pic of siman's blue 300 look great. Awesome angles to be taken pictures of.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Simans, your 300 was one of my favs for like 2 years. Great pics of the old and new.

ajbarbato15, how you feel about mentoring me on my car...cuz we're both in Rochester. Do you know anyone who's on Roclife? When I posted my car, everyone said I should look at yours...which I've seen ONCE but could never track down. Anywho, let's be friends. :D

·
Banned
106 Posts
Ultimate 300C thread

It seems like mods are endless it's part performance, part preference, how serious does it get? true form would be hemmissey his vision has turned into reality and with so many others in this forum i applaud you all you guys were part of chrysler 300c sucess

<edited by staff>

·
Registered
257 Posts
So your saying replacing the coil overs are more comfortable then springs? Can you some me a few? Im sorry im such a old member but such a noobie in this stuff still.

Comfort cost money. Airbags tend to retain some of the mushiness you may like (the float I guess). However, you can typically do a good drop without having to give up a comfortable ride. It really depends on your intent. If you're setting up suspension for performance, then forget about it. If it's just for the look, a good set of coilovers will do wonders and since it's simply visual, you can change it as neccessary. What A LOT of people tend to do is simply buy springs. That's the cheapest way to lower your car (besides cutting your springs) but it's also the least comfortable. Couple that with a tire the void of sidewalls, and yeah, you'll be uncomfortable. However, I know plenty of cars that have a pretty aggressive drop but still comfortable enough for the wife to take a long cruise in. I plan to be among that list again with my C.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The only ones that I know of for the LX platforms are the SRT setup and KW. I know of a LOT of different coilovers but those are the only two I know of for our cars. KW V2 (version2) seem to be the most popular. If you check the suspension thread, there's a whole write up on them.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
SRT8s do not have coilovers. Coilovers available for the lx include: KW, Suspension Techniques, Eibach, Tein, Megan Racing, Moben, BC and Pedders. I'll post a few of mine. When I think of aggressive, I think of STi's rocking 18x10s with super aggressive offsets with PULLED out fenders.
Hemmissey runs a very aggressive offset, more so than any other 300 except low300s, but that isn't even driveable. Hem runs 11.5 inch wide rears to the fender lip.

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
When I think of aggressive, I think of STi's rocking 18x10s with super aggressive offsets with PULLED out fenders.
Hemmissey runs a very aggressive offset, more so than any other 300 except low300s, but that isn't even driveable. Hem runs 11.5 inch wide rears to the fender lip.
Agreed. I always think of the HellaFlush event when I think of what a true aggressive offset setup is. Just to keep it LX related... :D

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Yep, that is Low300's. It isn't even daily drivable, although it looks sick and is hellaflush. If I had a subie or evo, I would be rocking that crazy hellaflush look. Part of me wants to do 22x10's all around with aggressive offsets on 265/35s, but I have to drive this thing daily in my pot-hole jungle, lol. :)

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
Yep, that is Low300's. It isn't even daily drivable, although it looks sick and is hellaflush. If I had a subie or evo, I would be rocking that crazy hellaflush look. Part of me wants to do 22x10's all around with aggressive offsets on 265/35s, but I have to drive this thing daily in my pot-hole jungle, lol. :)
I hear you man. lol

He has a few videos up on YouTube of him rollin' around town in that though. It's not like he's completely dumped, but it's definitely cruisin' around. Sick ride for sure.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Simans, your 300 was one of my favs for like 2 years. Great pics of the old and new.

ajbarbato15, how you feel about mentoring me on my car...cuz we're both in Rochester. Do you know anyone who's on Roclife? When I posted my car, everyone said I should look at yours...which I've seen ONCE but could never track down. Anywho, let's be friends. :D

i never realized there were more roc 300 owners on here!!! and i must say ajbarbato that new 300 of yours is dopeee.

where are u guys from? im in greece/iron and see a few modded 300s around but not many but its good to know theres a few on here

1 - 20 of 828 Posts
About this Discussion
827 Replies
198 Participants
5280SRT8
Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums
Join the 300c forum community to discuss the Chrysler 300c, SRT8, horsepower specs, AWD system and so much more!
Full Forum Listing