Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is a weird one...I have seen the threads about the passenger air bag light, which is not the problem I am having.

The airbag light in the main instrument console is not going off. It stays on and has been on now for the last 2 weeks. The only thing I have done new to the car (before the light went on) that I can remember is adding the Airraid intake.

Anyone have this constant airbag light issue? :confused:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yep, my car’s going in for the third time today for the same problem. I’m a large guy @ 265 LBS, what about you? I’m wondering if it’s my fat ass or a problem with the car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am about 215...You think with the build of this car they would know that larger folks would be driving in them...maybe I should stop getting the super size.

What has the dealer told you about this problem? Are they saying they need to "recalibrate" the airbags?

·
Registered
5 Posts
My air bag red light has baffled my dealer to the point of frustration. They have literally replaced everything. Even down to the wiring harness and connectors. They feel they have the problem solved unfortunetly they were two visits past the lemmon law statue and the proceedings to a full refund have begun. Funny thing is they left the original repair order open and when I contacted Chrysler customer car after 4 months of aggravation and numerous repairs when they looked up my data it showed only one visit and why was I complaining!!! Each repair fix lasted less than one day after I drove away. Once I got in the car after they said it was fixed and the light was one when I started it up, so I just left it there in the same spot. Be lucky as I went one stretch between repairs the audible chime for that light comming on rang every 10 seconds or so. They only plus on the whole thing is thru Enterprise Car rental I drove all the Dodge/Chrysler they had to offer and determined I didn't like any of there vehicles.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Your weight has no effect on the drivers seat as it refers to the air bag. Weight is only an issue in the passengers seat so the system can determine whether there is an adult sitting in it vs. a child. If there is a child and the air bag is deployed, it will not deploy at the same strength/speed as an adult.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had the same problem, had the car at the dealer 3 times for this (two different dealers). Each time they changed out the "clock spring" in the steering column (worked for day/hour). The last visit they changed out the seat sensor module and that didn't work. They did some digging with the technical gods at DC and apparently there is a "early build" problem with the "clock spring" module. They replaced with a "current" clock spring module and all is well (at least for 4 days so far.)

I thought that it must be the CCN flash to 3.61 tried and tried to get it but I still have V3.54.

This is only my experience and your results may vary....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts