Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anyone had the air bag indicator light in the dash and the other air bag light for the passenger in the front seat come on while driving and then go off after a few seconds? :confused:

I know that I have to take it to the dealership and have them check it out and hope its nothing serious at all. :eek:

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you have some light load (1/2 gallon milk/stack of papers etc) on the seat it may be tripping the child device turning off the airbag with indicator lite turning on. Happens to me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Midnight said:
Have anyone had the air bag indicator light in the dash and the other air bag light for the passenger in the front seat come on while driving and then go off after a few seconds? :confused:

I know that I have to take it to the dealership and have them check it out and hope its nothing serious at all. :eek:
oh yaa. The red air bag light chime. I never could catch the light going out but chiming every 10 seconds or so gets old on a 10Hr trip.

·
Registered
198 Posts
happened to me once, but I did have something light on the seat so it could have been what Chamby1 wrote about. I did check the onboard computer when it happened and it had no malfunctions indicated. I am monitoring to see if it happens again.

·
Registered
506 Posts
He's probably referring to the:

System
OK

In the EVIC.

·
Registered
198 Posts
HaTaX said:
He's probably referring to the:

System
OK

In the EVIC.
exactly, just scroll through the various pages in the EVIC and it will eventually come up. If there is a malfunction in the system then it should read "System Malfunction" and identify the malfunction. Very similar to the MB version.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts