Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this from the nice FedEx man. Going to get it installed tonight. Til then it is just going to sit here and stare at me. Only took 3 months too.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Just got this from the nice FedEx man. Going to get it installed tonight. Til then it is just going to sit here and stare at me. Only took 3 months too.

that is awesome looking and believe me WELL worth the wait. Just be carefull when installing because its a very TIGHT fit and you don't want the hood coming down on the hammer and ruining that nice carbon. Pay clos attention at the elbow where it bends and be sure the hood does not hit. Lastly be careful with the iat sensor...use plenty of wd 40 when removing and reinstalling....

here's mine:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Which vendor sells this? I have been trying to find it because I (up until today) haven't ever seen a Air Hammer before.It Looks wicked.:biggrin:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that is awesome looking and believe me WELL worth the wait. Just be carefull when installing because its a very TIGHT fit and you don't want the hood coming down on the hammer and ruining that nice carbon. Pay clos attention at the elbow where it bends and be sure the hood does not hit. Lastly be careful with the iat sensor...use plenty of wd 40 when removing and reinstalling....

here's mine:

I love that paint job you have there, and thanks for the tips. I'm kinda affraid I may not be able to install it because there is no place to make the PCV hose connection. If you go back and look at the pictures there isn't a barb for the hose. I'm waiting on some feedback from Scott and Lance.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah here you go. Internet was down at home last night:twak:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it looks nice, easy to install, light weight, low rubble at about 2500-3000 rpm and just plain mean sounding at WOT. Don't have anything to compare it against other than my stock one but if you want one that won't look like anyone else's (no two will be identical because of the hand laid carbon fiber) and don't mind waiting a while then this is the one for you.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
whats that lil maniture red filter thingy?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it's a breather valve for the PCV. There is no connection for attaching it to the air hammer. Now all I need is a BT catch can to bypass even more emission controls

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sound when cruising

I have a mechanic friend of mine (chrysler master mechanic) that says that adding a CAI or even just a K&N filter will add a large amount of cabin noise. What is your take on this and did you have an aftermarket filter on before the CAI?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a mechanic friend of mine (chrysler master mechanic) that says that adding a CAI or even just a K&N filter will add a large amount of cabin noise. What is your take on this and did you have an aftermarket filter on before the CAI?

Thanks,

Chris
Like I stated before you don't really hear anything until you get up around 2500-3000 rpm and then you hear a slightly deeper rumble but things like tire noise on a bad stretch of road will drown it out. Or you can just turn up the radio. When you are just cruising I don't notice any large amount of cabin noise. It pretty much sounds the same as stock. When you take it WOT it does get louder and mean sounding but in a good way. You would get a similar effect if you took the silencer off the stock CAI. It certainly doesn't add any kind of annoying drone like you can get with some exhaust systems. if you are concerned about the noise you should try and ride in a vehicle that has one and see for yourself.

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts

Thanks,

Chris

That is true as they do make more sound than stock. The Hammer is the loudest because of the large horn like end. I see where it makes so much sound guys think they are making more power...not so much. You really need to tune the vehicle properly to actually see any real power results.

As for the noise, take the tube off your stock box and put a filter on the end of it. That pretty much makes it the same as any CAI on the market. That will also give you a good test on if you can deal with the extra noise.

Also, some of the CAI's on the market have a heat plate that helps keep down the noise in the cabin.

Moose.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
here are some better pictures in the day time taken with a real camera, enjoy.

You may want to reinstall the clamps? Rev recommends that the clamps go over TOP and point directly towards passanger side....doubt it matters but just a thought

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's a good point. I think it was more to make sure they don't hit the hood when you close it but it would probably look better to. I was just in a hurry to get it installed

1 - 18 of 18 Posts