Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I just reached 5,000 on our 2015 Hemi miles since changing the oil at 5w-30. The engine remains quieter than prior to the change. We live in the NE and have had some pretty cold mornings (say 15 degrees). The MDS continues to function normally. I haven't noticed any difference at all.

I removed the catch can and was astonished to find it was 3/4 full of oil. Somewhere around 4 oz. in the can? I'm glad that I did add the oil separator to the system. Cleaning out the throttle body and intak maniford should be alot less troublesome.

·
Registered
761 Posts
In the winter months when it is more damp out, you'll get more in the can. Does yours look like a lattee or whipped mayonaise. That's what must of us call that stuff. I've had mine go from empty to full (4oz) in about 800 miles a few years back.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
In the winter months when it is more damp out, you'll get more in the can. Does yours look like a lattee or whipped mayonaise. That's what must of us call that stuff. I've had mine go from empty to full (4oz) in about 800 miles a few years back.
Mine wasn't foamy at all. I usually drive the car at least 15 miles at a clip. Perhaps that's the reason?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts