Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was coming back off vacation when my air quit cooling.I had been driving about 10 hours when it quit blowing cold.I tried it on manual and the same results.I stopped and ate and when I came back out and started it up it was O.K. and still is.I take it in for a check next week.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ma-

I had the same issue on a road trip to Palm Springs, I was a bit concerned as we were going on to Vegas and it tends to be a bit toasty in the desert during July. I pulled over and shut the car down thinking a reset would solve it. Sure enough, but why does it happen?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Happened once to me too, coming back from Philly late one night last week. I was close to home and the next morning, it was fine....curious.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mine decided, for a 3 day period, that it wanted the a/c button pushed before air would work. Thereafter, it never needed to be pushed again.
Electronics of the car can be somewhat wacky. :eek:

Fred

·
Registered
18 Posts
check my thread "A/C problems". Mine was intermittent, would work sometimes, then would cut out. turns out there was a short by the wiring harness that plugs into the compressor. They just spliced the harness and it works fine now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Check my thread "AC Pblm-Temp fix, Mileage". AC stopped blowing cold air. I "re-booted" the car and AC pblm went away. A few comments on the thread make fun, saying it must be a Microsoft operating system, re-boot (engine off/on) and it goes away. There's probably a lot more to this than just a funny comment because re-booting the car works. Crazy.
Has anyone actually had the dealer trace this problem to a definite "computer" glitch.
For my problem I find it hard to believe that a mechanical problem like a loose harness would magically, mechanically, re-connect when turning the engine off/on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts