Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, Just thought I would pass this along, I have been looking to do a CAI, looked at all different options, and have decided on the AirRaid CAI. When looking at the sites who have the best price I ran across a deal I wanted to pass along. It seems today, Autoanything has the best deal, ended up getting for under $200, plus they are doing a $30 cash back when ordered by Sept. 30th. That makes the deal about $160ish for my set up. I thought that was a decent deal for CAI. I didn't need the bling or am expecting surpercharger performance, just wanted my V6 to breath a little better.
Anyway, just an FYI for the 300 brotherhood! :drive:

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Interesting..I'm also thinking of that CAI

I was wondering about the Airaid CAI as well...It was an option I'm asking advice on.

What made you decide on it except for price?

I also am looking at the CGS CAI...

Not sure which to get!

Cheers,

DealMkr

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was wondering about the Airaid CAI as well...It was an option I'm asking advice on.

What made you decide on it except for price?

I also am looking at the CGS CAI...

Not sure which to get!

Cheers,

DealMkr

I think that my choice was determined by the fact of reading about the factory intakes are better than most for our application, but by changing out only the filter area, would help to make it breathe better, since an enclosed box doesn't get it done. The other choices basically were adding a tube for roughly an additional $100, which I don,t feel is worthy of the cost. I know the arguments about the tube offering air velocity that is not turbulent,or some that offer a tapered tube creating more direct injection of air, but were not talking about a Hemi H/O engine looking for more HP. I just wanted a little better throttle response, better breathing, and possible improved gas economy. I also have a 2011 Dodge Journey, with the same engine, added a K&N to the stock box, and it improved the overall performance/economy dramatically.
Besides, if you want to add a tube latter you can by that latter or fabricate one if you feel it's not enough. I have read that of the different packages offered the ones with metal tubes actually create heat or hot air inside the tube, which negates the idea behind cooler denser air going into the engine. Moral of the story ,look at ones with plastic tubes, IMHO.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Have a K & N Series AirCharger High Flow Intake Kit pn 63-1114 on the way taking advantage of Holiday discount for my 2011 C from
AutoAnything $ 167.39 December 12, 2013 (Includes heat resistant Nylon tube) 11.77hp gain K & N claims.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts