Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

321 - 338 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
What about a stock car like mine? It feels like Chrysler put the Ram 3500 suspension on it it rides so rough. Would I be better off with your system or just air shocks?

·
Registered
767 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts

Is the circled piece supposed to move ....?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Ok.. trying to pinpoint some noise in my front end when I hit bumps and it's either that knocking around or the very top cause the rubber isn't sitting in the little cup either

·
Registered
767 Posts
That's exactly what I thought.

Like this?

·
Registered
767 Posts
I jacked the car up, took the wheel off, jacked the whole assembly up so it'd push the strut and everything up (not sure if it helps but.. i tried) and then i checked out that whole part, I took off the nut, and it looked like there is a metal sleeve thats sitting down in there as well, which I'm pretty sure was also stopping me from wrenching that nut down any further. I even tried to torque it down so hard, that it stripped the top of that strut rod part out.. I cant get a wrench to fit it anymore, i'll have to use vice grips next time I attempt it. So am I supposed to pull that metal sleeve off? Cause it's kind of down in where the rubber is, Hard to get to.

And thanks bigal!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Thats how I have it though, The picture shows the upper bushing goes on before the washer. So you're saying put it under the bushing? That center sleeve is what looked like is stopping me from wrenching that nut down any further.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Alright, I'll have to find a good day that I can take the struts back out, I'll double check all that assembly up there and see whats going on.. I printed out that page so I can check with it. So that should be my issue then right? for the slight rattle noises I hear? Because I know I have the washers on for both top and bottom, But I can't remember Exactly if the bottom washer went on before the bushing, I think that's how I did it, but I can't remember few months back.. I'll double check it soon as I can.. It's not going to break anything will it? I mean, its my only daily driver I have..

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #336
Alright, I'll have to find a good day that I can take the struts back out, I'll double check all that assembly up there and see whats going on.. I printed out that page so I can check with it. So that should be my issue then right? for the slight rattle noises I hear? Because I know I have the washers on for both top and bottom, But I can't remember Exactly if the bottom washer went on before the bushing, I think that's how I did it, but I can't remember few months back.. I'll double check it soon as I can.. It's not going to break anything will it? I mean, its my only daily driver I have..
I would say to grab a washer that fits over the threaded section on the shock shaft (largest od upto about 2" possible), then jack the car up, pull the 3 nuts off the top, top shock nut reach through the hole in the tower to take the 2 bag bolts off and remove the entire upper strut mount. Put the washer on the shaft, then reassemble.

I would suggest fix sooner then later, your going to grind out the inside of the upper mount with the shaft wiggling around in there.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Alright, I'll see if I can't get to it a night this week or Saturday.. National Guard got us running busy with 3 weekends of stuff in a row.. haha and on top of that - family matters as well. If the rain holds off, I'll see if I can't pull it tonight. Thanks for everything! As soon as I get to it I'll post an update and see whats up.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Got the chance to pull the struts over the weekend on Saturday. It was exactly in the area where you have mentioned.

I had both washer, I was however missing the Lower Bushing.

Is this something that's a stock part? or was that supposed to come with the air kit?

I've talked to my buddy (who helped me do the bags) And we have no recollection of a lower bushing (at least we don't remember.. lol)

But the shop guy and I had fabricated a bushing from another car to fit for a fix, and its smooooooooth... this thing rides better than the day i bought her. Love riding on a pillow of air!

Thanks!

321 - 338 of 338 Posts