Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know Zach from UAS is on here and I figured I could pick your brain.

I was on air ride tech's website and they have a chrysler setup that I haven't heard or seen anything on over here. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind giving me some pros/cons of your setup vs theirs.

Here are some of the pics

Air ride tech

the fronts are shockwaves backs are similar to uas. All come single adjustable and can be ordered double adjustable.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I cant say much as i dont have a UAS kit but i love my kit.
Just waiting on some new rear struts as i still have the stock ones in the back.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
So I know Zach from UAS is on here and I figured I could pick your brain.

I was on air ride tech's website and they have a chrysler setup that I haven't heard or seen anything on over here. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind giving me some pros/cons of your setup vs theirs.

Here are some of the pics

Air ride tech

the fronts are shockwaves backs are similar to uas. All come single adjustable and can be ordered double adjustable.
I always try to make it a point to not talk down upon someone elses product so i will mention a few key advantages of ours.

Front:
Our bags do not seal against the shocks so you can change out our shocks or run any shock that you like as well as does not put any additional strain on the shock seals.
We mount our bags to the strut tower of the car where the struts were mounted with the shocks on an independent bushing.
Our bags can be adjusted if you don't want to go down very low.

Rear:
Drill only 1 hole per side for the upper bracket and the cups/bags bolt right in.

We give a 3 year/36k mile warranty on our entire system minus the compressors, they come with a 1 year warranty.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I always try to make it a point to not talk down upon someone elses product so i will mention a few key advantages of ours.

Front:
Our bags do not seal against the shocks so you can change out our shocks or run any shock that you like as well as does not put any additional strain on the shock seals.
We mount our bags to the strut tower of the car where the struts were mounted with the shocks on an independent bushing.
Our bags can be adjusted if you don't want to go down very low.

Rear:
Drill only 1 hole per side for the upper bracket and the cups/bags bolt right in.

We give a 3 year/36k mile warranty on our entire system minus the compressors, they come with a 1 year warranty.
I deal with Ronnie over at LRD for your stuff and I mostly deal with trucks and not so much cars so I haven't had to deal with any struts and such so this is my first time. You wouldn't happen to have a pic of your installed assembly for me to look at. I have also read that the control arm binds, you wouldn't also happen to have any pics of that would ya?.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And I understand what your saying about not talking down competitors products its a good business practice and I respect that. I suppose its all in the eye of the consumer. Some may want a 1 piece assembly that comes with a modified shock, yet others may like having the ability to use different types of shocks to further dial in their suspension.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nevermind with the pic, i found this on your site. defiantely helps me see the light!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I deal with Ronnie over at LRD for your stuff and I mostly deal with trucks and not so much cars so I haven't had to deal with any struts and such so this is my first time. You wouldn't happen to have a pic of your installed assembly for me to look at. I have also read that the control arm binds, you wouldn't also happen to have any pics of that would ya?.
Its not the upper control arm binds. It actually bottoms out against the inner strut perch.

Shawn

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey zach, do you have any specs on the bag used in the rear?

is this the info on the rear bags?

2.0" Compressed
7.0" Extended
5.875" Diameter

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
And I understand what your saying about not talking down competitors products its a good business practice and I respect that. I suppose its all in the eye of the consumer. Some may want a 1 piece assembly that comes with a modified shock, yet others may like having the ability to use different types of shocks to further dial in their suspension.

We do offer many different types of shocks. We have the Standard OEM black strut with the collar cut off already. Bilstien/SRT8 front struts and the Koni Adjustable Struts.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any chance you would be able to PM me some info on the Koni's

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Every bag has its flaws, From slam specialties, to firestone, to contitech and even UAS.

It all depends on the application. Like for instance I would run UAS bags on my car but if i was looking to build a hopper that sees 450+ psi I might want to look into some slam specialties 7" XS bags.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Every bag has its flaws, From slam specialties, to firestone, to contitech and even UAS.

It all depends on the application. Like for instance I would run UAS bags on my car but if i was looking to build a hopper that sees 450+ psi I might want to look into some slam specialties 7" XS bags.

I agree with that. Thats why we also sell the contitech/firestone and even slam's. I have help setup many of hoppers and I would not recommend our bags for the very high pressure applications. We focused our bags for ride quality and handling, not high pressure hopping.

Contitech - YouTube - West Coast Hoppers Air Hopper

Ours - http://www.universalairsuspension.com/_images/gallery/RX7DRIFTONAIR.wmv

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^^ those 4 ply conti's are so gnar.

BTW, do you guys have any sort of internal bumpstops on your air house bags or is the contruction similar to the firestone/conti with just the plates and nothing internal.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
^^ those 4 ply conti's are so gnar.

BTW, do you guys have any sort of internal bumpstops on your air house bags or is the contruction similar to the firestone/conti with just the plates and nothing internal.
Our aero sport bag has an internal stop that you can set it on, With our single conv. bags the top/bottom caps will sit on each other.

We have thought about doing a bumpstop, but then its going to raise up the collapsed height and also if the bags are not put in perfectly straight it can cause more damage then if it had the extra 1/4" or so on the collapsed height.

The only bag that i have ever seen that advertises an internal bumpstop is slam, but, if you read in their warranty info it says that if you use it as the bumpstop of the car then it will void the warranty.

"All Slam Specialties airsprings are supplies with an internal bump stop. This has been designed into the airspring to protect the rubber layers when fully compressed. If a vehicle is using the internal bump stop on the airspring as the primary bump stop, all defects arising from this type of installation will not be covered under warranty."

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice, did you happen to get a chance to check out my PM?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts