Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when its hot out or the car has been parked in the sun I get a airbag light and chime for almost the entire ried home
if it gets cooled down enough it gose away, in the morning no problems its seem to be associated with heat

any ideas before I go off to the dealer

05 300c 30k

·
Registered
631 Posts
There was a problem with the harness used from the airbag module, it turned out to be that faulty connectors were used. This was common on very early 300 builds (such as mine) the dealer had to replace the harness. It was also temperature related as to what caused mine to act up. If the light is staying on without the red error light in the dash most likely it will need to only be recalibrated. If you are getting the chime, red light, and orange passenger light something is wrong with the system and it may take longer to diagnose.

Where this is happening sporadically I would try to get to the dealer while the problem is actually there. Mine would only happen first thing in the morning, I would go to the dealer shut the car off and when they went to diagnose problem it was gone and no code was thrown. This happened about 4 to 5 times One morning it happened, I got pissed, went to the dealer and left the car running. I dragged a tech out there and they finally figured it out.

Your problem may be different, hopefully a code is being generated when it triggers the error. Good Luck!

·
Registered
435 Posts
I've had my stoopid sensor serviced twice over the last year:12: , is there a TSB or recall on this? Just outa warranty so this SUX :thumbsdow ... anybody know?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update

on the other LX forum, I guy told me to just move the steering wheel in and out, that did the trick

i put up with that light and chime for a month

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks 2005 300c had the same problem for almost a month now, what you said fixed it......odd. I am a mehcanic myself but only have a snap on MT2500 scaner with 1996 to 2001 program cartridge's so couldn't scan it, love the internet and this forum turn for answers. Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts