Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last two times I have driven my 08 300 I have noticed that the airbag deployed light come on while driving. Happy that it works, yet haven't been in a wreck (lately), nor has the airbag deployed now or ever (to my knowledge). It has been 3/4 months since I have had the front clip off the car as well. What I will add is that within the last month I have had some battery issues that are now corrected during those issues the car batteries went dead twice about two weeks apart from each other. IDK if this has anything to do with it or not, I am honestly thinking about taking it to the dealer next week. Any thoughts to what could be causing this problem?

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
First off, it's not a "deployed" light, more of a "deactivated" light. It's telling you that the air bags are inoperable for some reason. With the right scan tool, you can read the code and it should send you down the diagnostic path.

Have you had the seats out at all? If so, there are weight sensors in the seats that have to be recalibrated.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that might be the problem then. I've had the seats out.... idk 20+ times over the last 2 years. lol never knew that there was a sensor in there for the weight calibration. I guess I will check and if I don't see anything in the morning maybe take it to someone with a scan tool next week.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Well that might be the problem then. I've had the seats out.... idk 20+ times over the last 2 years. lol never knew that there was a sensor in there for the weight calibration. I guess I will check and if I don't see anything in the morning maybe take it to someone with a scan tool next week.
It requires using the dealer scan tool and a set of calibrated weights placed in the seats. It sounds like a pain in the ass, but it's what allows the multi-stage airbags to know if someone is in the seat and whether they are an adult or child.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts