Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, new to the group, but I need help!!!!

I've got a 2005 300C and was trying to install an FM Modulator and somehow I screwed up my Airbag and seat warmers switches. Apparantly, I was checking for a power line for the modulator and must of shorted something(s).

So, now my airbag light stays on and neither my front seat warmer switches light up (but they do work). I've checked the fuse for seat warmer and airbag and they look fine. How do I reset the airbag light or diagnose what the cause is? Will this correct itself? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
13,064 Posts
If you nicked or shorted a wire it may not reset but try this:

Pull your negative battery cable off the battery and leave the car sit for 15 - 30 minutes to reset any codes. Put it back on and fire up the car. If the airbag light comes back on and the heated seat switches won't light up, then it's time to dive back into where you were and check for crossed wires, nicked wires, loose connections, etc...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
airbag and heat warmer lights

Disconnecting battery for 1/2 hour did not do anything. I also rechecked the wiring at the center console which is the only wiring I played with and no nicks or nothing seems loose.

On the seat warmer lights, I was getting the driver one illuminated, but the little orange LEDs on top that indicate bottom and back rest do not come on (even though they do heat seats), same as before. The passenger one doesn't even illuminate. I reversed the switches and the Passenger now illuminates, while the driver does not. I assume this means the switches are blown? Anyway to fix them?

With regard to my urgent issue, air bag light on dash, what can I do to try and resolve? Is it possible I shorted some componenet related to airbag system monekying around with cener console wiring? I never did anything directly related to the airbags.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you've been working around the lower center console you might have moved the two big yellow plugs just behind the heated seat switches. First disconnect the battery - then wait a couple of minutes for the system to discharge then unlock and pull both plugs and reconnect them and then the battery. the seat switches have lamps to back light the switch and two LED's for the power settings, not sure which ones have failed.

Hope this helps.
Glen

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
air bag seat warmer lights

Well, I disconnected and reconnected the big yellow connectors behind cigerette lighter and still get Airbag light and seat warmer LEDs do not work, as well as the passenger seat warmer illumination light making it visible at night.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looking at the circuit diagram for the seat switches the LED's are controlled separately from the switch function. Pin one should read 12v fuse 40. with the ignition on and pin two is ground. Pin one should be top right with the lock tab at the top. If you have either missing it might point to an issue with those wires

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That was it. Thank you very much. I checked all the other fuses and for some reason, neglected that one. Both airbag light and seat warmers now showing LEDs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts