Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the airbag light turn on in the dash/cluster? I spoke to someone else that has a 300 and they said it turned on on theirs too. Mine will light but sometimes will not and then light while I drive...:nutkick:

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
If you do a search on this you'll see a few threads. Usually it is an object of minor weight on the front seat (such as a briefcase, etc) that will disable the passenger airbag and illuminate the light. Remove the object, restart the car and it's all normal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, it's not that light that turns on... it's the one in the instrument panel below the temp gauge. Any word on that light? I am going to take it in to the dealer but I wanted to see if this was a common problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had my light come on. Dealer ordered amd installed some type of electrical fitting that required removal of the steering column to install. All is well now. :sly:

·
Registered
40 Posts
let me get this straight

the "passenger airbag disabled" light should be on when the front right seat is empty?
I had a problem with it. it stays off all the time?? is that how it works? god lord on and on with this machine.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
No, it should only be on if the passenger seat is holding a certain amount of weight (not too light that it doesn't register but not so much it would register like an adult) It's set to turn off with a child or small person. My laptop and some random gear will cause it to turn off (the airbag) which causes the light to go on. With nothing in the seat, it works as normal. (ie - no light)

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Mine came on one morning when I started the car. Drove to work with it on. Did a search on the forum. Found someone's experience with assuring that the two diodes in the rear power distribution center were pushed in properly. I did that at lunchtime. No more air bag light. I didn't think the diodes needed a nudge, and by the wiring diagrams they have absolutely nothing to do with the air bag systems. There are some fuses right next to the diodes associated with the air bag systems. Maybe they were funky and I disturbed them for the good? No more air bag light since. Never mentioned it to the stealership either!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
DESIREE said:
...Found someone's experience with assuring that the two diodes in the rear power distribution center were pushed in properly...
All - I've yet to find an LX body that didn't have numerous partially seated fuses, diodes and relays in BOTH forward and rear PDCs (fuse boxes).

Pop the hood, open the trunk, open the PDCs and push away! You'll all be rewarded with hearing the satisfying pops of many newly seated contacts.

Also, objects UNDER the front seats can & will cause unwanted air bag lights. Due to the critical airbag sensors in and under both seats, don't store or allow anything to roll under them.

If, having done all the above and kept misc. objects off of the passenger seat, you still get the light(s) the passenger seat's airbag system likely requires recalibration, a simple warranty adjustment.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Everytime I put my briefcase on the passenger seat the air bag light comes on. Like Meister said make sure theres nothing that has a little weight on the passenger seat

·
Registered
1 Posts
I heard the clicks in the rear PDC, seating the fuses and diodes, and that it worked to turn off the red airbag light in the instrument panel. Ridiculously simple. Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts