Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my C for 1 year and have noticed the aircon sometimes does not kick in after I start the car - it seems like just the fan is blowing.
So i stop the car at the lights - quickly turn the engine off and on again and it starts to work?
Anyone had this problem?

·
Registered
439 Posts
That happened to me last night
I didnt turn off the engine but when i started my return trip it was fine

Thats the 3rd time in 6 months its happened

·
Registered
174 Posts
It's never happened to me. I just get a bit of a smell coming through at the start but I put that down to making frequent short trips.

·
Registered
133 Posts
You are driving for a significant period of time +2mins before turning the car off and starting it up again aernt you,I mean it takes some time for it to get cold right? Sorry for stating the bleedin obvious, just need a bit more information. Some people drive for 30secs,its not cold they get frustrated turn the car off and back on and in that period of time the air con has had sufficient time to actually get cold and they manage to come to the conclusion that they just need to turn the car off for it to work... Anyway let us know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, it's normally a few minutes ( ample time for it to get cold ) - but you know pretty quickly that it is just the fan working.
Once I turn off and restart - no problem

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well sounds pretty strange, i suppose the next step is to take it to the dealer? Im still baffled by the fact that turning the car on and off can actually make a component in the car work. :S

·
Registered
439 Posts
My drive was for an hour and it was certain that the refridgerated air wasnt comming thru
On the return it was fine

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
C-scape, book it in with a dealer & they'll be able to update the software in the hvac control unit. This should sort it out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts