Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Banned
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
I am afraid not. The airflow dynamics that are created by the constant reduction cone, the harnessing of the accoustical energy via the harmonic nature of the steel itself, the fact that AFE filter that I use is an exclusive custom designed full race filter made just for Hammer Motorsports, and the slow bend of the inlet elbow creates a huge difference in sound AND performance.
The AirHammer is the loudest and most powerful intake on the market ... PERIOD..
And I will kiss a goats A$$ if there is anoyone now that can beat it!

There are no imitations!
MUwahahahahahaaa!!!
Thanks Rev. That is an honest answer.

The more I look at my stock rubber tubing, the more I feel like just puting a big ol' filter on the end of that and call it good (delete the box of course). Wouldn't that be as close to your concept as one could get?

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
I am afraid not. The airflow dynamics that are created by the constant reduction cone, the harnessing of the accoustical energy via the harmonic nature of the steel itself, the fact that AFE filter that I use is an exclusive custom designed full race filter made just for Hammer Motorsports, and the slow bend of the inlet elbow creates a huge difference in sound AND performance.
The AirHammer is the loudest and most powerful intake on the market ... PERIOD..
And I will kiss a goats A$$ if there is anoyone now that can beat it!

There are no imitations!
MUwahahahahahaaa!!!

Ha!

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
The Ultimate AirHammer

There certainly are no competitors who are even close. To verify that for yourself all you've gotta do is take a look-see at these pics. :wink:

This was my bud' Scott's latest surprise. (I think he wants the historic prototype back to hang on his wall - it certainly deserves it.)

(More info and a link to more AirHammer pics here: http://www.300cforums.com/forums/performance-modifications/31813-ultimate-airhammer.html

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,955 Posts
There certainly are no competitors who are even close. To verify that for yourself all you've gotta do is take a look-see at these pics. :wink:

This was my bud' Scott's latest surprise. (I think he wants the historic prototype back to hang on his wall - it certainly deserves it.)

(More info and a link to more AirHammer pics here: http://www.300cforums.com/forums/performance-modifications/31813-ultimate-airhammer.html

Wow!!!

Thanks for the pics of the polished one Meister. That is absolutely gorgeous! I may have to put my Mopar CAI on Ebay after looked at that.

The last time I saw the airhammer was unpolished on your car outside of Vegas. It had a very "industrial" look but I like the show shine on yours now better!

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts

Meister, your engine compartment looks fantastic.:fing02: :fing02:

And that AH looks way better than the one I held in my hand at my local shop. The welds were sub par, the metal was just fairly polished, and the thing weighed more than my head. This was just two weeks ago that it came in.

I hear AH has the "if you're not satisfied, bring it back" policy. If that is the case, I might have to do my own testing and give the results. I do like the one that you show on your car. If it proves to be "all that" then I will keep it.

·
Banned
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Hey Moose,
I have this itch that I cant scratch.
I have this thing about continually improving my product.
I know that the welds in the beginning were not what I wanted.
I raised total hell about it with my welder. In the end, he saw it my way and relented to do it the way I demanded.
I also got the spine weld mved to the bottom of the Airhammer where it would not be apparent.
As time goes along I will find ways to make it even better.
Take a look at the current units and you will know...

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
The one on Meister's car above looks great. I'd go with that one. I'm the same way you are about quality, fit and finish...the way you describe it.

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Excellent Choice
When may I outfit you with one?
When you can give me an answer on this...

I hear AH has the "if you're not satisfied, bring it back" policy. If that is the case, I might have to do my own testing and give the results. I do like the one that you show on your car. If it proves to be "all that" then I will keep it.

·
Banned
3,966 Posts
I could've sworn I saw a post last night that said 90 days sounded good... you pay the shipping... but it doesn't appear to be here any more...

·
Banned
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
I could've sworn I saw a post last night that said 90 days sounded good... you pay the shipping... but it doesn't appear to be here any more...

WTF!??! I DID post that!
Where did it go?
Here is a recap!
90 days is sufficient testing time
IF you decide to return it, it must be in the original condition and without alteration.
You pay the return shipping...
Does that sound fair enough?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Gents, I have no test data from track testing for the SRT with stock versus AirHammer.
HOWEVER, I posit this for your genteel consideration.
The SRT's use the same EXACT diameter tubing and box as the Daytona Chargers. Their throttle valve assemblies are exactly the same.
The Daytona is a 5.7L
Thusly if the Daytona shows improvement with the AirHammer and the 5.7l shows improvement with the Airhammer then the 6.1l with its higher air demands will also show improvement.

NOW then.. to quantify WHAT that gain is ... I cannot say.
I'd be happy to 'test' one for you.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts