Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a difference between the older AirHammer CAI for the SRT8 and the 5.7 or are they the same? I know the mopar 5.7 CAI fits on the SRT8 and the K&N typhoon fits both the SRT8 and the 5.7. Just the tube is fatter on the 6.1L mopar cai than either the typhoon or the mopar 5.7 cai (mopar 5.7 and typhoon cai are identicle except coloring).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Air Hammer

Not sure if there is a difference but since I put my air hammer on my 300CSRT8 it runs like a dog. When I get on it all it does is sucks air and sounds bogged down. I'm thinking about putting the original air box back on.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
When I ordered my AFE Stage II the intake was listed as being for the 5.7 and 6.1 engines. I thought I read something a while back where there was supposed to be some Airhammer Super Hammer or Hurricane (?????) or something like that designed specifically for the 6.1 engines... but don't quote me on that. That could be my lack of sleep talking.

·
Registered
41 Posts
One of the reasons I am hesitant about buying a CAI. I bought one for my previous car and then sold it for the same reasons as you stated.

Not sure if there is a difference but since I put my air hammer on my 300CSRT8 it runs like a dog. When I get on it all it does is sucks air and sounds bogged down. I'm thinking about putting the original air box back on.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
One of the reasons I am hesitant about buying a CAI. I bought one for my previous car and then sold it for the same reasons as you stated.
Pull fuse 11 for 30 seconds and take another stab at it. I bet you they will be a huge difference. Our cars have adaptives and basically adapt to the cards it's dealth. When you change something performance wise the computer needs to be reset so it can learn the new setup and adjust accordingly.

You can reset the computer by pulling fuse 11, loading a tune from the diablo or pulling the positive side off the battery.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Is there a difference between the older AirHammer CAI for the SRT8 and the 5.7 or are they the same? I know the mopar 5.7 CAI fits on the SRT8 and the K&N typhoon fits both the SRT8 and the 5.7. Just the tube is fatter on the 6.1L mopar cai than either the typhoon or the mopar 5.7 cai (mopar 5.7 and typhoon cai are identicle except coloring).

Their is no difference. The only major difference in any airhammer (new or older model) is the filter size. The charger gets a 12 inch filter where as the 300 and magnum get a 8 inch.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've had my AirHammer on my 300C for a few months and it runs great. My only other mods (which were installed previously) are a Predator and 180^t-stat.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
5 months later...I found out what I got on Lxforums...I bought an airhammer tube from someone off the forsale section. It ended up being an airhammer proto type for their new design. It is a little shorter than the older ones and didn't have the hole drilled for the IAT sensor. The guys at Airhammer responded and promised me a new Airhammer in exchange for their proto type back. I've found a better use for it now anyways.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
thats funny

·
Banned
5,754 Posts

pull fuse 11 to reset the computer.

When I ordered my AFE Stage II the intake was listed as being for the 5.7 and 6.1 engines. I thought I read something a while back where there was supposed to be some Airhammer Super Hammer or Hurricane (?????) or something like that designed specifically for the 6.1 engines... but don't quote me on that. That could be my lack of sleep talking.

War Hammer and it's not for the 6.1L it is for the 85 and 90mm Throttle Bodies

Their is no difference. The only major difference in any airhammer (new or older model) is the filter size. The charger gets a 12 inch filter where as the 300 and magnum get a 8 inch.
the newer hammer is shoter and the elbow was redesigned for a better fit.

and the filters are 6x8 or 6x10 and work on any car..

5 months later...I found out what I got on Lxforums...I bought an airhammer tube from someone off the forsale section. It ended up being an airhammer proto type for their new design. It is a little shorter than the older ones and didn't have the hole drilled for the IAT sensor. The guys at Airhammer responded and promised me a new Airhammer in exchange for their proto type back. Sounded nice, but they never came through-they won't even respond to pms. I've found a better use for it now anyways.

send me a PM lets talk about this, first I have heard of it..

Rev doesn't post on the forums much, too busy, I am his Forum Rep..

I can get this resolved for you..

Marc

·
Banned
4,213 Posts
to be honest never heard of the airhammer but im running the k&n setup and it doesnt run like a dog it screams :D anyways that reminds me i gotta get to the dyno in less then an hour talk to ya fellas later. oh quickly im gonna swap out the k&n run it on the stock air box on the dyno then back to kn and see what kinda gain it really is so ill be back in the eve with me numbers BOOYA!:fing02:

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
to be honest never heard of the airhammer but im running the k&n setup and it doesnt run like a dog it screams :D anyways that reminds me i gotta get to the dyno in less then an hour talk to ya fellas later. oh quickly im gonna swap out the k&n run it on the stock air box on the dyno then back to kn and see what kinda gain it really is so ill be back in the eve with me numbers BOOYA!:fing02:

Air Hammer / aka Hammer Auto is a 2 man operation, Me and Scott aka Rev.Hammer and we only sell on LXForums and a few truck forums..

·
Banned
4,213 Posts
Air Hammer / aka Hammer Auto is a 2 man operation, Me and Scott aka Rev.Hammer and we only sell on LXForums and a few truck forums..
ahh well i ran my car on the dyno yesterday and kinda shocked 257rwhp and 281rwtq and a guy in a charger daytona came in with only a K&N intake same as mine and a diablo pred tuned ran 272rwhp! grrr! i got intake and a cat back i was rather saddend by this and my graph is all over the map huge dip in torque and engine power at the 3600-3800 rpm range seems like theres no power at all anyways enough about that im gonna start a thread on that when i get the graph scanned onto me comp

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
ahh well i ran my car on the dyno yesterday and kinda shocked 257rwhp and 281rwtq and a guy in a charger daytona came in with only a K&N intake same as mine and a diablo pred tuned ran 272rwhp! grrr! i got intake and a cat back i was rather saddend by this and my graph is all over the map huge dip in torque and engine power at the 3600-3800 rpm range seems like theres no power at all anyways enough about that im gonna start a thread on that when i get the graph scanned onto me comp

Diablo custom tune
Air Hammer CAI
Custom Cat-back

348 rwhp...

:biggrin:

·
Banned
4,213 Posts
the next few items im going to install over the winter months is jba shorties, jba high flows and mids and jba 2.5 catback, diablo, slotted rotors all round t stat thinking 180 :D then ill run my 300 on the dyno hehe damn charger get outta here with that nonsense lol :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
My love my HAMMER...once I had to put my stock box back on for a few weeks while I had to send my hammer off for some airbrush work and I could not stand my car. I mean it sounded like crap and just seemed to have lost its UMPH!

Def try pulling fuse 11 if you were having issues with the hammer.

·
Banned
4,213 Posts
My love my HAMMER...once I had to put my stock box back on for a few weeks while I had to send my hammer off for some airbrush work and I could not stand my car. I mean it sounded like crap and just seemed to have lost its UMPH!

Def try pulling fuse 11 if you were having issues with the hammer.

i like your car bud looks good :fing02:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts