Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went to airraid's website and saw that they now have a Throttle Body Spacer availible for the 300C.

see link below

http://www.airaid.com/350-532_chrysler.asp

Is this another snake oil product like the tornado?
Has anyone used a throttle body spacer before and had dyno proven gains?

Last question...who is selling this? (if it is worth it that is)
I welcome any comments...I just ordered the JETCHIP and I already have the magnaflow catback and airraid intake.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
300CULATER said:
Just went to airraid's website and saw that they now have a Throttle Body Spacer availible for the 300C.

see link below

http://www.airaid.com/350-532_chrysler.asp

Is this another snake oil product like the tornado?
Has anyone used a throttle body spacer before and had dyno proven gains?

Last question...who is selling this? (if it is worth it that is)
I welcome any comments...I just ordered the JETCHIP and I already have the magnaflow catback and airraid intake.
Throttlebody spacing is an inexpensive mod that helps improve airflow into the heads. I've used them on other engines, but only in conjunction with CAI, headers and free flow exhausts. They are only as good as the engineering behind them and probably not worth it if that's the only mod you plan to do.

I can't comment on the Airaid one. I do like their simple CAI, though.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
I've used throttlebody spacers on some of my trucks. The throttle response did increase. The one thing to watch for is some of them make a "sound". One that I used reminded me of a high pitched dog whistle. I'd always hear it right at the cruising RPM that I needed. Some others are quiet. I forgot which brand gave me that whistle.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think this TBS might whistle...because I just looked up the PDF install sheet on the website...and it said in rather large print...Listen for the whistle and then you know its working.

I don't really want it to whistle. Anyone use an AIRRAID TBS and can comment on how obnoxious the whistler is? :confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
wouldn't waste my money. Like Northern said if it were used in conjunction with 20 other mods on the car you might see 5-10hp.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ive used one on a 2005 dodge ram it didnt whistle but i had a loud exhaust on it too. as for gains i did gain about 3-4 mpg's so when you only get 12-15mpg's jumping up 3-4 is huge. I just bought one for my SRT but havent installed it yet. if i get time this week i will. I have a diablo trinity tuner an volant cai so hopefully it does good to put it on. i will repost once its on an have drove a few hundred miles.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
As stated you will find little to no real gain. The problem is that you would really need to port the intake manifold and use a larger throttle body with lots of other supporting mods to make it worth it. Take a look at my mods below and I still wouldn't put one on yet. Save the money for something else like a tuner or a low temp stat.

·
Registered
124 Posts
EconoAid Throttle Body Spacer

For those of you thinking about a throttle body spacer (TBS), but don't want to shell out $100+ for minimal gains in power and/or MPG, you might consider this. I found something offered by AirRaid, the EconoAid TBS. Its very thin so not really much of a "spacer", but is supposed to create the spin/turbulent air that other more expensive TBS's claim. I just installed one this afternoon and took it for a spin. After driving normally for about 30 minutes, I was able to take off from a standing start at a light. I chirped my rear wheels for the first time since getting my MOPAR '12. My car has the Anti-Spin rear end as well. I can definitely feel an improvement in throttle response and the power curve even seems smoother than before. I would love to get my car on a dyno to verify if there is an actual improvement over stock. I figure at $30 on Amazon, it was cheap enough to give a try.

FYI...the EconoAid 1003 for 2005-2010 5.7L will fit the Gen II 5.7L. This is the one I got.

Reactions: AIRAID Filters

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
Honestly I'm glad you feel a difference and are happy with your results... Now if it has gained power I would be amazed and once again happy for you, so I really hope it has. Throttle body spacers have been discussed in length on a different forum and after much testing and dynos etc they were determined to be a bit like snake oil. The gains were not there and they did nothing really for performance, fuel economy or cooling.... Now yours is slightly different in design and like any other mod if it works for you that's all that matters so I'm stoked your happy with it... Just until some real numbers are seen I would not recommend a group buy on any form of tbs. It's a bit like 6 years ago when I first stuck a k&n filter on my stock air tube... I swore it was faster, certainly sounded it... Till my buddy in a stock charger r/t I used to walk right along with slowly pulled me all the way to the speed limiter! Sucked! Lol... Now I only trust proven mods and not the butt dyno... But someone has to set the precedent and try it to prove it works! I hope its you and it does! Post up any results you have!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
76 Posts
I bought the airraid tbs your looking at a couple years ago.
I gained more low end tourqe and better mileage I gained about 3mpg until I added my cai then I lost the extra 3mpg and it went back to where it was before. It does whistle but not all the time it's only when you get on the gas and its not for very long as soon as the tranny shifts it will quit whistling.

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
^ exactly...

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts