Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog has been getting a headache because I don't seem to be able to find a way to lock the car without him setting off the alarm from the inside. I have tried locking it using the 'door lock' button and slamming the door, but this makes the alarm arm itself after a short time. I have read the manual but can't see how to do it (perhaps I can't read it properly) and I have been to the DC dealer who said they don't know; very impressive. Anyone have a dog or other small animal they have had this problem with ? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
My dog has been getting a headache because I don't seem to be able to find a way to lock the car without him setting off the alarm from the inside. I have tried locking it using the 'door lock' button and slamming the door, but this makes the alarm arm itself after a short time. I have read the manual but can't see how to do it (perhaps I can't read it properly) and I have been to the DC dealer who said they don't know; very impressive. Anyone have a dog or other small animal they have had this problem with ? Thanks
How exactly is he causing it to go off? I thought the factory alarm (at least in the states) was more for forced entry of the vehicle than any kind of movement/shock sensor...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think you press the key fob lock button 4 times the alarm chirps and this sets the alarm but disables the movement sensors inside the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think here in Europe we have a movement sensor inside the car which arms itself unless you disable it manually. I could train the dog not to move but I think that may take too much time. I will try the four presses; they tried this at the DC dealer but nothing seemed to happen, but there again they don't seem to know much about the vehicle, which is a bit odd.

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Training your poor doggie not to move….yikes! Didn’t know the people across the pond had a different alarm set up than we do in the states. A motion detector inside the car. Wonder why?

To tell you the truth we could probably use something like this around here as some parents have been known to leave their small children inside the car where the temps raise to lethal….they could use an alarm in the head! Hope you find the solution…please let us know what you find out in case others have a similar problem.
:fing02:

·
Registered
223 Posts
you could try....pressing the lock button on the door(while the door is closed) then open the door and push down on the lock pop-up. then close the door. the alarm should not see the door being locked this way.

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
2,734 Posts
A motion detector inside the car. Wonder why?

:fing02:
This is a requirement of a Thatcham Cat 1 alarm - see thatcham.org - The Motor Insurance Repair Research Centre
This is the highest category of alarm favoured by insurance companies. I think the purpose is to detect forcible entry achieved by window breakage. I have this system on my Audi A4, which can be disabled before locking the car by pressing a button on the driver's door pillar. I haven't yet discovered the procedure (if any) for the 300C.

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
2,734 Posts
I think you press the key fob lock button 4 times the alarm chirps and this sets the alarm but disables the movement sensors inside the car.
I have just consulted the Owners Manual which states 3 times within 15 secs to disable the internal ultrasonic sensor. Much easier than re-training the dog!

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
I think that the person that designed the interior ultrasonic alarm is also a parent who shares the childminding by Chryler principle.

1) Let your child fall asleep in the car.
2) Leave your sleeping child in the car, making sure that you set the alarm.
3) When the child awakes, its movement will trigger off the semsors and the alram will sound.
4) Return to the car and collect the now awake child.

Childminding - Chrysler style.:biggrin:

MTC

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think that the person that designed the interior ultrasonic alarm is also a parent who shares the childminding by Chryler principle.

1) Let your child fall asleep in the car.
2) Leave your sleeping child in the car, making sure that you set the alarm.
3) When the child awakes, its movement will trigger off the semsors and the alram will sound.
4) Return to the car and collect the now awake child.

Childminding - Chrysler style.:biggrin:

MTC
And then pay more for the child’s psychiatrist fees than you paid for the car in the first instance.

I can just see my 4 year old granddaughter never sleeping again because of the loud noise that wakes her up!! :scared:

Merry Xmas one and all.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
And then pay more for the child’s psychiatrist fees than you paid for the car in the first instance.

I can just see my 4 year old granddaughter never sleeping again because of the loud noise that wakes her up!! :scared:

Merry Xmas one and all.
Start 'em young.

It's been SOP with MTK since he was a baby - and he's not traumatised at all. In fact, for a 3 yeard old, he handles an AK47 really well.

MTC

·
Registered
11 Posts
remove fuse 10 from front fuse box 5-amp marked in diagrams as security: doors will still arm as well as front bonnet just the sensors inside stop it worked for me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts