Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
Hopefully it won't go off again but just in case if it did, you can also try this as an emergency.

You will need a polystyrene cup (not plastic) and it works only for an over sensitive sensors but not for faulty ones.

You can block infra red temperature changes by cutting out a small round piece from bottom of the polystyrene cup and place over the sensor with insulating tape. Its only temporary until you find the cause :yup:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I've just removed a huge spider from the bathroom sink (and when I say huge I mean a 4" leg span.) I should have stuck it in the car to see if it could catch the alarm culprit.

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
2,749 Posts
What voltage range is acceptable with the car at rest?
I think about 12.6V is normal. Having recently had to replace my battery, I can confirm that the old clapped out battery never caused the alarm to operate, so I doubt that is your problem.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The damned thing just went off again even though I'd locked the car with three presses on the remote. :mad:

It looks like the problem is deeper than a trapped moth.

Battery voltage is normal.

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
You may have a faulty sensor or something? Tape some polystyrene, it may help for the night?

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
You may have a faulty sensor or something? Tape some polystyrene, it may help for the night?
I can't risk locking it tonight. This the view out of my window...

Can somebody confirm how I disable the ultrasonic sensor. Is it (a) Press once to lock the car and two further presses within 15 secs or (b) Press once to lock the car followed by three further presses within 15 secs?

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
They look like zombies :yup: I remember many years back one of our neighbours had a similar problem, but they had a mice in the car. We couldn't believe it until we were shown evidence of the nest and droppings.

Anyway, back to topic.... We better find you a solution before your neighbour gets upset

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
They look like zombies :yup: I remember many years back one of our neighbours had a similar problem, but they had a mice in the car. We couldn't believe it until we were shown evidence of the nest and droppings.

Anyway, back to topic.... We better find you a solution before your neighbour gets upset

It could be mice, that happened to me before too. Not this car though, and they never set the alarm off either.

I'm going drive somewhere remote tomorrow and get Mrs A to jump about inside while I try and lock it with different combinations of remote presses.

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
It's B armchair, 3 presses after you've locked it,works on mine

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Where was it?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Lmfao. The alarm moths exist on the other side of the pond then? I had the same little bugger of a problem..!!!! Maybe it was its twin..???

Have you made sure the cheeky thing hasn't stolen anything? Maybe as a member stated in my thread it was just looking for somewhere to get down as dirty with its female friend? ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
812 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
lol......:laugh2:

21 - 40 of 49 Posts