·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Northern Rider said:
Question: What are the shortcomings of the factory system?
Umm, depends really on what you're trying to do. The factory system is good but it can be better. I have a nice stereo sytem and plan on getting aftermarket wheels. A good alarm would have a tilt sensor which would go off if anyone was jacking up your car to steal the wheels and a proximity zone. A soft chirp would warn person if they got to close to car. I'm also thinking about installing an internal "pain" siren so if anyone does get inside and tries to get my clarion deck they're going to go deaf in the process.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Nice

It is nice but I agree with Taha24 a lil pricey! But then again it will probably be more pricey for my lost! Thanks for the link BigWise1!

·
Registered
351 Posts
$1000 mmmm...

I'll stick with the factory @ that price.
As they say, if they really want it.........

That 'g' can go towards the insurance.

·
Registered
677 Posts
$1000 MSRP for an alarm thats been out for over 2 years already? NOT installed?

2 Way FM based alarms with tilt sensors, proximity alarms, and a near mile radius have been out for some time now. DEI makes a few, Compustar, and numerous others. An alarm is only as good as its installer. A $1000 Clifford equipped car can be broken into and stolen as quickly as a $200 alarm from a good honest installer.

Take my advice on alarms, don't focus on the product, focus on who is installing it.

·
Registered
677 Posts
415_300C said:
rogue what do you recommend for an upgrade that would include remote start and tilt and proximity sensors?
Just about any alarm on the market has those options. I have personal experience with Compustar and DEI Viper alarms. Both have treated my friends and myself well. No major issues. The compustar has amazing range. I've been with my friend when his alarm notified him of proximity in a mall atleast a mile away. Its a neat feature, but if the alarm isn't adjusted and installed properly, very annoying.

The key thing to remember when buying an alarm, isn't the alarm itself, but the installer. An alarm system from 1994 is as good as one just released at this years SEMA if installed properly and cleverly.

·
Registered
330 Posts
bigwise1 said:
What kind of alarms are you guys running? I have a clifford G5 Intelliguard 850. I'm pretty happy with it but I'm thinking about upgrading to this:
http://www.cnet.com/4520-10602_1-5619682-1.html
We are running a Pro 8000 in ours. It's equilavent to the APS996a from Prestige. It has remote-start, paging, locks, trunk, cell call, lights, temperature check and more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts