Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He has, by far, the nicest 300 that I've seen. Personally, I'd change the rims, but everything else is top-notch. Here it is.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
The only thing decent is the approach to the seats...the rest is typical overdone 'bling bling' crowd look.

·
Registered
677 Posts
No Hemi, ugly tuner body kit, tastless LA dodgers Front Badge, Dub magazine affiliated. No thanks. That car lacks class in my opinion. He needed models in short shorts to make it look proper in my opinion ;)

Atleast he gets good gas mileage :D

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Guess I shouldn't be surprised now that I got a closer look at the 'homeys' picture.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I think that there are some really interesting things on that car, but unfortunately not that innovative and done by some others, maybe not all in one vehicle. I would like a sharp car with good mechanics, we used to call them sleepers back in the day, rather than something that flashes but isn't practical. But I still would like a mesh grill and some better performance tires and I would be happy. I also remember when those ugly wheel flares were all that, and that wasn't too long ago.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nice Try but try again.

Why would you even bother doing that stuff to a Non Hemi C. I think he totally ruined it. The seats don't look too bad, but everything else especially the LA badge on the grille, EWWW talk about ghetto fab.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Ghetto Prince said:
But, you're talking to the ghetto prince. :)

I like that ghetto look. A lot.
Man you'd be in Hog Heaven here in Los Angeles. Spinners are sold at every pepboys, I saw a older Nissan Maxima on 20" Spinners on the way to work today. It even had the purple window tint applied by hand. The ghetto fab look is so common here I've grown to loath it. I have to give them credit for trying to be unique, but money doesn't buy taste....

It's their car, let them do what they want. :p

I put spinner hubcaps on my friends volvo the other way while he was working. It was the funniest phone call i've received in a long time. Best $50 I ever spent. :D

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
rogue said:
Man you'd be in Hog Heaven here in Los Angeles. Spinners are sold at every pepboys, I saw a older Nissan Maxima on 20" Spinners on the way to work today. It even had the purple window tint applied by hand. The ghetto fab look is so common here I've grown to loath it. I have to give them credit for trying to be unique, but money doesn't buy taste....

It's their car, let them do what they want. :p

I put spinner hubcaps on my friends volvo the other way while he was working. It was the funniest phone call i've received in a long time. Best $50 I ever spent. :D
No kidding! What really irks me is when they call this kind of crap 'customizing'. Since just about everyone doing it does the same basic thing over and over and over, 'custom' has nothing to do with it.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
jjs said:
No kidding! What really irks me is when they call this kind of crap 'customizing'. Since just about everyone doing it does the same basic thing over and over and over, 'custom' has nothing to do with it.
You and rogue are so on about this... if "custom" meant copycat in the streetrod world I'd quit doing the show circuit yesterday. Custom is about being creative, innovative and unique.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
rogue said:
. . .I put spinner hubcaps on my friends volvo the other way while he was working. It was the funniest phone call i've received in a long time. Best $50 I ever spent. :D
LOL! My wife is beginning to wonder why I'm sitting here having a belly laugh every evening!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I like the car, it's unique. Congrats to those who worked on it. How many of us have a 300 exactly like it??? NONE OF US.

I have a feeling that if the first replies would have been from people loving it, everyone else would have loved it too.

I see that alot on here. Just cause a few people hate it, everyone starts to hate it. If someone loves it, everyone else loves it too.

Don't be so quick to jump on the bandwagon. Try thinking and feeling for yourself once. Some of you are probably jealous of it, but are afraid to say it.

Who cares what they did to it anyway???

It's not like they stole YOUR 300, and did it without your permission. Your's is still parked where you left it. Modded or not according to how YOU like it.

You can do whatever you want to it, regardless of what others think is "cool" or not "ghetto fab".

There are too many stereotypes on this board. Why does having spinners make a car "ghetto fab"?? Do you not realize that customization gets crazier everyday???? We should expect those kinds of things on a customized car. That doesn't mean it's "ghetto fab".

Why is that mesh grill not "ghetto fab"??? Maybe cause you have one??? If you didn't have one I suppose it would be "ghetto fab".

And because you think it's "ghetto fab", you also think it must certainly belong to a "homey"??

What is your defintion of a "homey"? I'm afraid to ask.

Also, we can wear an LA logo on our hats, but not on our cars?? That logo is cool if you ask me...Again - it's unique.

By the way... so what if it's not a "C"? I'm tired of the arrogance coming from some of those with the "C". Not all of you, but some of you. Yes, I drive a Touring. I chose this model for certain reasons, and I didn't want the HEMI.

Having a HEMI gives your car more horsepower than mine, but it doesn't make you a better person than me. You are not more special than I am. That concept is childish if you ask me.

If you disagree with my comments, too bad. I felt like saying something.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wasn't trying to cause trouble. Just thought it'd be interesting for everyone to see the level that some people take it. Everyone has their own idea about what looks good and what doesn't. I love what he's done to his car, but I realize that it's not for everyone.

Still, it's interesting to see what's out there.

·
Registered
677 Posts
DJJT said:
If you disagree with my comments, too bad. I felt like saying something.
Apparently you took all of the comments on this thread very seriously. Welcome to opinionville, I will be your mayor, have a seat and deal with it. You won't see many bandwagon folks on this forum because we are all so varied from different financial, cultural, and national backgrounds.

Spinners ARE ghetto fab in MY opinion. If you don't like it? Come to Socal where they first hit the streets. They are played out HERE. Pimp my ride material. Pep Boys sells spinner hubcaps for 13"-16" wheels at $50 a pop. For those that still insist on putting them on their car? More power to them. When pep boys starts selling knockoff spinners at $50 a pop they are out of style. Its much like when Walmart starts selling West Coast Choppers Shirts and they no longer become "cool."

Be unique, try something different, Create your own style.

There is nothing wrong with owning a Touring 300, and I don't believe anyone has insulting any tourings. But if you plan on dumping $10k into a car, why not start with an upper level platform from the start. I have built many cars with mods, and I can tell you that every single car I regretted not buying the best from the very start.

I don't see the value in putting $10k into a car that could have looked great and also hauled ass.

On another note. Ghetto Prince, I dig your input, you've thrown a whole nother side of the 300 into the mix and I respect that. You seem to have a good sense of humor and I dig YOUR spinners for that reason. :D

·
Registered
322 Posts
customizing options

But if you plan on dumping $10k into a car, why not start with an upper level platform from the start. I have built many cars with mods, and I can tell you that every single car I regretted not buying the best from the very start.

I don't see the value in putting $10k into a car that could have looked great and also hauled ass.

It has been my experience at NOPI and other custom car shows that alot of the folks that decide to make extreme mods (like lambo doors) often buy less expensive models so they have the extra loot to put into the cars. Alot of them can barely afford the car itself. Some prefer a base model so that they have a clean slate to start with. They can then experiment with it a little more. If you take a 23k car strip it of all it's badging, customize the exterior and interior to where you cant tell what model class it is anyway you will be more likely to eventually sell it without a huge loss. There is a much bigger used market for a $20K 300 cusumized to the teeth than a used 35K 300c done the same. Just my thoughts.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts