Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies -

Living in Southern California, and DYING for a 300, I'd like to focus this thread on your Southern California experience buying/driving/anything with the 300. I'm 27 and have my sights focued on purchasing the 300 - but not until March (when I can save up my hard-earned mula).

I'm eyeing the Touring, for financial purposes only. Though, of course, I'd much rather pimp it in the C.

Anyway, if you purchased already, mention what dealership, how much you paid, warranties, tints, whatever else.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I wish I could help with your california purchase but I bought mine in Florida. With this being such a new car, we really dont know if they are going to hold their value or not. The reason I say that is because by next March you might be able to pick up a used 300c for the price of a Touring model. I know this doesnt really answer your questions, but it was just something I was thinking.

Also, depending on where you are in SoCal, I can refer you to a great tinter that will come to your house. He has done every single one of my vehicles (except the C, of course, because Im in Florida.)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fast300C -

The dealer on trask? Also, by sticker, please specifiy, including your options and any warranties. Maybe I can sneak in a C somehow.

; )

What color did you happen to get?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I purchase outside of SoCal....Kansas

Ty Webb,
I live in South Orange County...All the dealers in my area were/are pricing the C for $5,000 to $11,000 OVER MSRP. I found one dealer after much negociating would sell me an ORDERED 300C at $800 OVER invoice. Tustin Tutle-Click Chrysler (ask for Abraham). I ordered a C but got tired of waiting, so I started searching for a C out of state. I ended up with a fully loaded (except uconnect)silver C in Kansas...and negociated it to $500 over invoice, but I also got $1,000 rebate for using Chrysler financing, so it was now $500 under invoice. With my air fair, hotel stays 2 nights, and gas I ended back up around invoice for my C with 1800 miles on it when I got home. I can't describe how glad I am I did the search, it did take 2 days to drive home but I now have one in my posession. I got my deposit back on the ordered car and love the gawking I get daily. Sticker on my purchase was $38,310 I paid $35,729 which included $199 doc fee. These cars are 50 state emissions and all I had to do is get a smog certificate and register it...in Ca. I paid taxes and title on the car when I registered it here at DMV, not at the dealer in Kansas...
Good Luck!!! :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got my fully loaded 300c (with every option available) from Long Beach Chrysler for MSRP. Fleet Manager, Jeff Jefferson was my sales person. The process was easy and smooth.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm doing as mentioned above, waiting a while to maybe find a slighty used 300C with under 30K on it. IMO there's just too much money lost on buying a brand new car. I look on ebay and other auction/car sales sites and see 98 and 99 740i's going for under 20K, almost a third to a quarter of what someone paid for them off the lot.

True, i plan on having a 300C for much longer than 4-6 years, but there's just too much being announced by Chrysler in the next few months, the SRT-8 and the new charger, hell maybe even a convertable option... *sigh, makes me almost re-think my decision to buy used :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
daddy do rite -

If you don't mind my asking, how much was MSRP? $38,000 range? Also, what color, any extended warranties? Did you order it or find it on the lot?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought mine in Reno. They were GREAT!!! One heads up though. If you buy it out of CA, and then bring it in. You will have to smog it. And most of the smog places do not have info to do it. You will have to take it to a dealer in CA to get it done. How rediculous, but well worth it. If you want the salesmans name that I worked with in Reno let me know. He was great and kept me really informed on the process.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hddnpwr - How much better of a deal did you get in Reno that it was worth importing from out of state?

·
Registered
5 Posts
well you probably dont want to know. My grandfather retired from working for DC so I get cost. But they gave that to me, where all the others would not. I know that they were not marking them up, lets put it that way.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Ty,
Yes on Trask, ask for John. Paid $33,805 MSRP got a black C model, which has a lot on it. We added Sound Group II, UConnect. Going to add Moonroof, Tinted Windows, Custom Grill later. Just before I pick it up I'll check around for an extended warranty for 7/70. You can get different prices from dealers on the same warranty.
Brian

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Brian - You got a pretty kick ass deal there, IMO. Good job, man. I'll definitely be getting in touch with John when it comes time to make a purchase. I appreciate you sharing your experience. Keep me updated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Fast 300C,

Mark in San Diego here, curious to know about your adding of UConnect. I would like to add it but am told the only way to do it is with the aftermarket Mopar kit. This kit uses an external speaker vs. running the other callers voice through the stereo system. I was hoping to be able to run through the car's stereo speakers. Any feedback is appreciated.

Mark

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ty Webb said:
daddy do rite -

If you don't mind my asking, how much was MSRP? $38,000 range? Also, what color, any extended warranties? Did you order it or find it on the lot?

Yeah,,,It was in the $38k range. and it's the Better Black :D My car was one of two 300C's ordered by some Big Company executive who decided he only wanted one. Therefore I received a call from the dealer 1 week after ordering a fully loaded Black 300C advising me that there was one coming in later that day. They asked me if I wanted that one or would I rather wait 6-8 weeks for mines to come in...... So I ran down, signed a couple forms,,,and my car was there within' a couple hours :cool:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey TY, I picked up my black 300C from Foothill Ranch Chrysler in Lake Forest on 4-19...before the Premier! What a kick to drive a one of a kind for a week (had some Detroit connections on the quick order/delivery). Got everything except UConnect (got so darn excited when ordering that I forgot to order it). I bought up into the extreme service and extended warranty package and got a slight break on pricing. The package was around $40K. I had a slight pull to the right that they fixed in 3 hrs and it has been fixed completely. Salesman was Fred..his manager is EEsham. They have been great; very personal attention. Mike, the F&I guy is cool as is Ken in parts...both guys will take time to listen and help all they can. Because of demand, they have submitted to greed and are adding $5K to the units being sold right now. You HAVE to get one of these cars...they are rocket ships with Style! The Boston Acoustic sound system is exceptional for a factory setup. Good luck and enjoy!

·
Registered
206 Posts
BTW: Anyone in Southern Cal interested in a gathering and a cruise on a Saturday or Sunday?

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
05HEMI, I'd be there if I had my car... :( I'm in Huntington Beach.

If you do an end of summer rally, you'll probably get more people that have taken delivery of their cars.

I'd love to see a caravan or 300's going down PCH...that'd be sweet! :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
05Hemi said:
BTW: Anyone in Southern Cal interested in a gathering and a cruise on a Saturday or Sunday?
Hit me up in 9 months and I'll cruise!! Unfortunately that's probably when I'll finally get a ride. Can't wait to hit PCH in a 300c.

'05 Hemi - Thanks for your input. I love hearing names of quality salesmen to help me in my decision process. Keep brining it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts