Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like an AWD version of the SRT-8 will be produced. This website http://www.arifleet.com/production.html is a website that details Chrysler's Production news. It states what the delays or holds are as well as what is on the horizon. I am going to hold off on my 300C AWD order if I can get an AWD SRT-8, but it still comes down to cost.
Comment from the above website:
LXCX48 SRT-8 AWD model has a Job #1 of 1/10/05

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Johnny Vig said:
Looks like an AWD version of the SRT-8 will be produced. This website http://www.arifleet.com/production.html is a website that details Chrysler's Production news. It states what the delays or holds are as well as what is on the horizon. I am going to hold off on my 300C AWD order if I can get an AWD SRT-8, but it still comes down to cost.
Comment from the above website:
LXCX48 SRT-8 AWD model has a Job #1 of 1/10/05
It would be interesting to see what this means...

"(AFB) Comfort/Convenience Group has a Job #1 of 11/29/04"

and if there are changes to the group or if this is more Magnum related.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Why add 1,600 LBS to a car and loose HP's to boot? I'll take mine as a RWD thank you ;)

·
Registered
440 Posts
LOTHP said:
I'm back in the Tahoe mountains.
I live in the mid-west and the closest that I get to a mountain is when I drive over a squirrel ;)

I really don't think that the C or the SRT was designed for Pikes Peak.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I would be very surprised if they build any AWD SRT-8 model especially since Mercedes nor AMG builds no AWD models and the LX AWD is based on the Mercedes 4-Matic and may not be able to handle the torque. The 4-Matic system is not a High Performance setup and they all ride 1 inch higher than the RWD LX cars which are already to high. The gas guzzler tax on an AWD SRT-8 would be $2k or more.

They need to put a 21 gallon tank in the SRT-8 cars or they will be a pain to drive on long trips stopping every 250 miles for gas.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
E55 KEV said:
They need to put a 21 gallon tank in the SRT-8 cars or they will be a pain to drive on long trips stopping every 250 miles for gas.
You got that right.
Averaging 12mpg here, I sure could use a 25 gal tank. :(

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Weight Penalty

wardog said:
Do you have a source for quoting 1,600 LBS? I've heard it should be 160 LBS. :confused:
Right!
No way itz 1600 lbs.
No way.
No?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts