Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in knowing if the dash tweeters are full range or using a crossover at the amp for just highs? I have replaced them and they sound great. Actually two great. I have the treble basically turned all the way down now as it sounds like highs from the dash and lows from the sub I installed. Looking at replacing the 6x9s in the doors and was thinking maybe tapping into the tweeter signal so the 6x9s will have a full range versus the current "only lows". Trying to get more mids, bass from the door speakers. Also do not want to run another amp if not needed. Has anyone replaced the door speakers and if so what were your results. Thanks.

2012 300c Luxury edition
Alpine 6 speaker 276 watt system
12" sub in trunk.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
I have the base model so I don't have the external amp or sub you do. But I did download the wiring diagram for my car and the dash and door speakers are in parallel. That surprised me. The dash speakers were crap and I noticed a high-pass filter (a capacitor) mounted in series with the voice coil. I replaced those with full range Infinity Reference speakers and I have been very happy. Those things have a big honking magnet and they are much more efficient than the factory junk. I turn up the base rather than turning down the highs, and I'm fairly happy. This presumably unbalances the back shelf speakers, but I don't pay much attention to them anyhow.

·
Registered
511 Posts
The dash speakers are full range and the door 6x9s are bass only. I made the mistake of replacing the door speakers with Infinity Reference 2-ways and made no difference. Probably a difference if you add more power and amps, but with the basic setup I would recommend you keep the doors as-is. Dash speakers are pathetic. I also replaced the dash with Infinity’s on both my ‘13 and now my ‘17 C. Sounded great at first if I attenuated the highs a lot like you did. But because they are full range (I think) I blew one out on both cars with volume too loud...couldn’t handle the bass. The signal was probably not very clean and distorted which added to the stress on the speaker. Next time I do this, I might try a more robust 3.5” replacement as I feel the Infinitys are too bright anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts