Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Chrysler 300c 5.7 hemi. The positive/negative wire on the back came loose from the alternator and blew the last alternator so I replaced the it, it still didn’t charge the battery, then I replaced the pcm, still no charge I replaced the wire connector to the alternator, still no charge. I’m not sure what else it could be. PLEASE HELP!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah there is nothing I tested the alternator and it said it there is something with the charging system, but there are no codes that lead to the alternator. It also whines but is brand new

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My 400$ obd2 scanner, it shoed my egr delete code and an intake temp code that all nothing to do with the alternator.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry about not responding i figured out the issue, they have a 140 amp and a 160amp alternator. I had a 140 amp and needed the 160 amp. Simple fix sorry and thank you

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
2,749 Posts
I am surprised that a 20A difference in alternator outputs can make a difference between charge and no charge, unless the power load is exceptionally heavy.

Also, the "Intelligent" 300C power management system will shut down ancillaries, such as seat heaters, to ensure that battery charging is not compromised.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts