Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a few weeks of low-battery problems I figured the problem was with the alternator, which must have suffered from an old fuel leak dripping on it, but I was shocked at the dealer quote of about 750.00 to replace it.

I got a used alternator from a high mileage 300c wreck for 50.00 then used that to get an exchange/rebuilt unit from an ebay vendor for 145.30 including postage. A local garage fitted it for 100.00 and also fitted a splash guard (cost about 10.00) to prevent a recurrence.

Total cost 305.30 and I still have the faulty unit I took off so if anyone wants one to send in for an exchange/replacement unit its yours for 50.00 just let me know :)

Its a pain that the headlights don't switch off when you lock the car - twice I have come back to a flat battery :-(

Robs

·
Premium Member
6,753 Posts
I would get the old unit repaired, new regulator and slip ring will do the trick. Then keep it as a spare.

Use the auto headlight function and you'll stop leaving them on. Try moving the headlight switch a notch anticlockwise from the off position, if it don't move pull the knob off and there is a tab inside that can be trimmed off to allow the auto function to be selected (providing you switch has the separate fog light button on it).

Here you go- http://www.300cforums.com/forums/uk-europe-regional-forum/16895-free-automatic-headlights.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts