Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry, but I didn't see an off topic section so here is my question. (Yeah, I'm A Noob). My wife's Grand Caravan (1997) served us reliably for 11 yrs. since purchased new. I loved this car. Great family hauler, and no better cruiser from NJ to Myrtle Beach for golf trips. It blew a head gasket on Super Bowl sunday. Only had 96 k. mi. after 11 yrs. but I figured it was a normal wear & tear issue. Trusted mech. in town charged $1400 for both gaskets, both heads milled, water pump, spark plugs, upper & lower hoses, lub,oil & filter etc. I figured I had a reliable minivan for at least another 3-4 yrs. (kids college tuition starts for me in 2012). While the van was down for a week we rented a stripper. I'm refering to the the LX 300 2.7L you perverts! It had the 2.7 and I only drove it once but thought it wasn't bad. My wife fell in live with it. (Cool Vanilla) At first when she said she wanted to buy a new 300. I tried to reason with her about having a van that hasn't cost us anything for repairs & shouldn't cost us much more in the near future. Yeah that worked! LOL. My frugal nature (2000 Toyota Tacoma 4X4 4 cyl. 5 sp.) at first said "drive 'em into the ground". The wife won out and I'm glad she did. But it's funny. I've loved the design & engineering of the 300 since '05 and now my wife thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread. As the old sage asked: Why did God give women vaginas? So men would talk to them!

·
Registered
408 Posts
I notice you have the 300C, it sure isn't no 2.7. Wait till you get this beauty on the interstate and the hemi will make you forget about the Grand Caravan real quick. You will probably have to buy yourself one also, who said anything about cheap? Lots of luck, enjoy the ride.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
me too

It was the rental of a Magnum 2.7 for a while when another car of mine was in the shop that started this whole Mopar Madness thing!

Welcome

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats! I was shopping for a 3.5L charger, and my wife fell in love with a used 300C at a better price than the new Charger. It's been 6 months and I still haven't wiped that smile off my face :biggrin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts