734 Posts
Why not just wait til the 09's come out with the 6spd manual? lol

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not just wait til the 09's come out with the 6spd manual? lol
Here's how the conversation would go:

Practical wife: So, you want to spend a few $k to upgrade our car to a new model of exactly the same car, when our current one works fine. Why?
Husband: Well, it goes a bit faster. It's got a better transmission. Actually, no one knows how good it is, since there are no reviews on it yet. But in theory it should go faster.
Practical wife: And why do we need to go faster?
Husband: Well, our 15mo and 3.5yr old kids will love it!
Practical wife: Request denied, and you're sleeping on the couch tonight.
Husband: Oh, man - not again!

The next upgrade I look forward to is a minivan. And I'm fighting that one (unless we get two parking spaces, in which case it's bye-bye SRT-8, hello Minivan and Lotus Exige S).

·
Registered
734 Posts
EDIT: SOB!!!, It's for the Challenger only. But I'm sure it could still be done...

No, didn't you read the 2009 300c SRT8 list?

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/general-discussion/30251-2009-lx-ly-models-features-changes.html

300C SRT8

Engine and transmission:

6.1L SRT HEMI V8 ENGINE 425 hp
5-SPEED AUTO W5A580 TRANSMISSION

Interior:

DARK SLATE GRAY
LEATHER TRIM SEATS W/PREFERRED SUEDE

Exterior colors:

BRIGHT SILVER METALLIC CLEAR COAT
BRILLIANT BLACK CRYSTAL PEARL COAT
DEEP WATER BLUE PEARL COAT
INFERNO RED CRYSTAL PEARL COAT

Options:

1. 13 SPKRS KICKER SRT HIGH PERF AUDIO
-100 WATT KICKER SRT SUBWOOFER
-322 WATT KICKER SRT AMPLIFIER
-INSTR CLUSTER W/DRVR SURROUND SOUND
-KICKER MOBILE SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM

2. 245/45ZR20 BSW PERF TIRES

3. REAR SEAT VIDEO SYSTEM
- 1 YEAR SIRIUS BACKSEAT TV SERVICE
- SIRIUS BACKSEAT TV

4. SRT OPTION GROUP I
-BRIGHT DOOR HANDLES
-CHMSL LAMP
-INSTR. CLUSTER W/PERF DISPLAY SCREEN
-KEYLESS GO
-REMOTE PROXIMITY KEYLESS ENTRY
-SUPP. SIDE CURTAIN FRT/RR AIR BAGS
-SUPPLEMENTAL FRT SEAT SIDE AIR BAGS
-SUPPLEMENTAL SIDE AIR BAGS

5. SRT OPTION GROUP II
-1 YEAR SIRIUS REALTIME TRAFFIC SERVICE
-MYGIG MULTIMEDIA SYSTEM W/NAVIGATION
-RR VIEW AUTO DIM MIRROR W/MICROPHONE
-SIRIUS SATELLITE TRAFFIC
-UCONNECT HANDS-FREE COMMUNICATION
-UNIVERSAL CONSUMER INTERFACE (UCI)

·
Registered
903 Posts
Just hoping there was a new rumor out I hadn't heard. I HATE automatics. It was a hard choice for me to buy this car over a CTS-V with a manual. If parts become available on that Challenger, I would seriously consider swapping (if I happened to have a few grand lying around and another car to drive for a month--or longer...).

·
Registered
576 Posts
What was this thread about before it got JACKED????

Oh yeah paddle shifters...

yes they have been done on a SRT8 already...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What was this thread about before it got JACKED????

Oh yeah paddle shifters...

yes they have been done on a SRT8 already...
Cool. Does anyone have any comments on it? How usable are they? I know that it doesn't change the tranny response at all, but what about for the driving experience?

Anybody have this mod along with the predator for sharper shifts? If so, are the mods worth it?

I'd love to have something like this if the driving experience is in fact much better. I'm not a fan of the transmission (I guess more exactly the electronics and how it shifts) and would welcome any improvement here.

·
Registered
324 Posts
it does not change how the car shifts in any way, it simply allows you to shift from the steering wheel as well as by using the current manual shifting mode.
Cool. Does anyone have any comments on it? How usable are they? I know that it doesn't change the tranny response at all, but what about for the driving experience?

Anybody have this mod along with the predator for sharper shifts? If so, are the mods worth it?

I'd love to have something like this if the driving experience is in fact much better. I'm not a fan of the transmission (I guess more exactly the electronics and how it shifts) and would welcome any improvement here.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
it does not change how the car shifts in any way, it simply allows you to shift from the steering wheel as well as by using the current manual shifting mode.
Not too sure about that...here's a direct quote "The autostick doesn't come close to working as well. Mainly I think, because of the mechanical action on it is longer than the quick click of the paddle".

Check out the thread: Direct Wired Paddle Shifters - LX Forums Modern Mopar Muscle

·
Registered
324 Posts
I agree that the paddles would be much better and I would greatly prefere them to using the shifter stick, I was simply stating that they do not change how the car physically shifts but I do believe they would prove the driver interface. If someone wants to change how the transmission shifts a diablo tuner is in order.
Not too sure about that...here's a direct quote "The autostick doesn't come close to working as well. Mainly I think, because of the mechanical action on it is longer than the quick click of the paddle".

Check out the thread: Direct Wired Paddle Shifters - LX Forums Modern Mopar Muscle

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now, read below closely. Notice how I ask about the DRIVING EXPERIENCE. Notice how I didn't ask what paddle shifters do. Notice how I indicate that I know the paddle shifters won't change the tranny response at all.
yubyub said:
I know that it doesn't change the tranny response at all, but what about for the driving experience?
:twak:

(sorry, not trying to be vindictive here, but sometimes a big RTFP sign needs to be displayed)

·
Registered
324 Posts
My apologies, I just read over it again and you were very clear in what you were asking and even mentioned the diablo, I guess we all have a little crazy streak that shows itself once in a while.
now to try and give some actual input to this thread. :)
Allthough I have never tried these shifters I think that especially combined with the diablo tuner they would greatly improve the driving experience.
Now, read below closely. Notice how I ask about the DRIVING EXPERIENCE. Notice how I didn't ask what paddle shifters do. Notice how I indicate that I know the paddle shifters won't change the tranny response at all.

:twak:

(sorry, not trying to be vindictive here, but sometimes a big RTFP sign needs to be displayed)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My apologies, I just read over it again and you were very clear in what you were asking and even mentioned the diablo, I guess we all have a little crazy streak that shows itself once in a while.
now to try and give some actual input to this thread. :)
Allthough I have never tried these shifters I think that especially combined with the diablo tuner they would greatly improve the driving experience.
Cool, man. Sorry, didn't mean to be vicious. I had a day yesterday which involved a lot of people being told to RTF?, so I was probably in a bit of a mood when I responded. My apologies.

I am still very interested to have first hand knowledge of people using these, and their opinions on how it changes the drivability of their ride. Please post if you have them.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'm sure you'd have the dealership scratching their heads like "WTF?" when they saw those lol...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts