Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i think i have the 8 speaker BA system (i got 3 on front dash, 2 on front doors & 3 total on back dash)... my question is... every thread i read says that the factory amp is behind the headlight switch.... if that is true.... how big is this amp? does anyone have a picture so i know what im gonna be looking for? i wanna upgrade that amplifier for something stronger but i wanna see what it looks like before i start the project...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Do you have NAV & UConnect? Just remember that if you want to keep the integration without replacing the head unit, it's the amp that does the work, so if you bypass/replace the amp you will lose the integration.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no nav and uconnect.... i have the REF unit... i mean theres a good thump from the stock BA system but i need a lil more...

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
...if you replace the amp and the headunit you will need three PAC modules to maintain intergration. These would be the CHY_CR2, PAC-SWI and a deck specific module should you swap out the original headunit. You WILL retain all steering wheel controls. The amp is located under the dash along side the steering column. Its silver in colour and is approx the size of an A4 sheet of paper and approx 50mm thick. I have just added aftermarket amps to my system and left the original amp where it was.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...if you replace the amp and the headunit you will need three PAC modules to maintain intergration. These would be the CHY_CR2, PAC-SWI and a deck specific module should you swap out the original headunit. You WILL retain all steering wheel controls. The amp is located under the dash along side the steering column. Its silver in colour and is approx the size of an A4 sheet of paper and approx 50mm thick. I have just added aftermarket amps to my system and left the original amp where it was.
so are you saying that i cant just replace the factory amp with say audiobahns and keep the same factory head unit and get a lot of thump and keep all my controls working?

·
Registered
648 Posts

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
ok i think i have the 8 speaker BA system (i got 3 on front dash, 2 on front doors & 3 total on back dash)... my question is... every thread i read says that the factory amp is behind the headlight switch.... if that is true.... how big is this amp? does anyone have a picture so i know what im gonna be looking for? i wanna upgrade that amplifier for something stronger but i wanna see what it looks like before i start the project...
If I followed this thread correctly, you stated you don't have NAV voice
or Uconnect.

And I read that you have the REF head unit.

If this is correct, you are in great shape to upgrade. I did this upgrade
using a very ordinary LOC from PAC.

Basically, go directly from the radio to the LOC (you'll only have
stereo with this), then from the LOC anywhere you want.

For my own purposes, I put an indash EQ in the pocket underneath
the climate controls. This allowed me to have a fader.

Now, the explaination of why you don't need the 3sixty, LC8, Cleansweep
or any of those:

The radio frequency response is completely flat and has very strong voltage, as measured by another member of this message board.

This means you can keep your radio, steering wheel controls, etc,
and have a high quality system.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
so are you saying that i cant just replace the factory amp with say audiobahns and keep the same factory head unit and get a lot of thump and keep all my controls working?

...yes you can however replacing the amp only can lead to other issues like fade control. From my experience replacing factory amps and not headunits you will loose features.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replies guys... im gonna have to push this mod down the list cause i need to really think about what i want out of my system since theres alot of stuff involve in replacing just the amp or the head unit...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts