Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to my car on Monday afternoon ready to go home for the day. I always walk around my car ( can't help it, I'm smitten) and what do I find but a big scratch down the door... My blood pressure went through the roof I was ready to KILL.... Fortunatly I didn't wait around and start a confrontation and likely get fired.. The scratch is very light and will easily rub out..

The problem is that today I figured out where the scratch REALLY came from... When I crested the top of the hill at work this morning the sun glinted off my winsheild highlighting a deep imact crater and a 1.5" long lateral crack in my windsheild. This did NOT make my day... By the time I left work to come home the crack widened another inch plus! There is no fixing it...

So how does the crack in the windsheild tie into the scratch on my door?? I can only surmise that the rock hit the corner of my hood (small scratch there too) bounced off the window by the bottom at the A-Pillar and slid down the side of the car.

Isn't that lovely? So it looks like it's going to cost me $338 to have the glass replaced on a car I've had now for what? A month and a half?

If I ever find Murphy, I'm going to murder him.....

·
Registered
522 Posts
I personally wouldn't murder Murphy...even if he did it. Cause now everyone knows you want him dead and that might mess with your program later.

·
Registered
184 Posts
man,, I now how you feel,,,, I finished work about a month ago only to walk to the car and glinting in the sunlight,,,, 2 massive scratches keyed into my passenger doors,,, devastated,,, almost burst into tears from the rage,,,, had a quote from chrysler and WTF,,, $1800,,, laughed and walked out the service centre,,,, very pissed off,,,

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a nice backhoe.. it will dig down 10' 6" and that's all I'm going to say about that....

Smitty,

I feel for you, I mean honestly... that gut wrenching, sick to the stomach feeling... It's NOT right that the Have Not's of the world feel like because they are walking pieces of trash that they will bring the hard working folk down to thier level.

Fortunately for me, it was from a rock.. But if I ever see that rock, HE'S DEAD!!!! :)

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not "The Rock" "That Rock" I may be cwazee but I'm no stupid! LOL :)

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Uhhhh Ohhh... I SMELL what the Rock's cookin! :)

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
I went out to my car on Monday afternoon ready to go home for the day. I always walk around my car ( can't help it, I'm smitten) and what do I find but a big scratch down the door... My blood pressure went through the roof I was ready to KILL.... Fortunatly I didn't wait around and start a confrontation and likely get fired.. The scratch is very light and will easily rub out..

The problem is that today I figured out where the scratch REALLY came from... When I crested the top of the hill at work this morning the sun glinted off my winsheild highlighting a deep imact crater and a 1.5" long lateral crack in my windsheild. This did NOT make my day... By the time I left work to come home the crack widened another inch plus! There is no fixing it...

So how does the crack in the windsheild tie into the scratch on my door?? I can only surmise that the rock hit the corner of my hood (small scratch there too) bounced off the window by the bottom at the A-Pillar and slid down the side of the car.

Isn't that lovely? So it looks like it's going to cost me $338 to have the glass replaced on a car I've had now for what? A month and a half?

If I ever find Murphy, I'm going to murder him.....
Our windshields can be extremely pricey, especially if you have the rain sensor. You don't have comprehensive insurance coverage on your glass? A $50 deductable is all it ever costs me , except for the comprehensive part of the insurance premium, which itself isn't bad at all. I've had at least four windshields replaced on two cars in 10 years. Two of them were vandalism. The other two were rocks that sounded like a bullet hit the car!

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Yeah I was thinking comprehesive portion of the insurance surely will replace the windshield. Afterall it's unsafe to drive it in that condition.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'm with you, Murphy messed with me all last week, I say we push Murphy down the stairs... it's slinky time!

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
You know this may not help much..... but at least it apparently was an accident, rather than a case of senseless vandalism motivated by jealousy. While I too would be upset if my car was damaged, I can accept an accident, get it fixed, and move on. But I would come completely unglued if someone vandalized my car intentionally, even though the result is the same.

I don't know if this makes sense to anyone else but me........ I am truly sorry about the damage to your car.

·
Banned
651 Posts
ive informed your local authoritys about your intentions towards Mr. Murphy. If anything happens to him you are the first person they will go to. Im here to protect and serve people.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kev,

I agree... Accidents I can accept.. People get killed for vandalism... :)

To answer the earlier questions... Comp Decuctible is $500, Collision is $1000.00 I have LOTS of things insured and if I had extremely low deductibles I wouldn't be driving :)

Anyway the one autoglass company said they would do the window installed for $300 out the door, for the tinted window for rain sensor cars. I will have it replaced on monday.

I've never had a window busted before, how do they handle the windows stickers? I'll be damned if I am getting the car inspected again! I want the old stickers (even if they are on glass!).

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well you know about Murphy,.....

In the beginning there was nothing,........and it exploded.

cheers

·
Registered
78 Posts
Kev,

I agree... Accidents I can accept.. People get killed for vandalism... :)

To answer the earlier questions... Comp Decuctible is $500, Collision is $1000.00 I have LOTS of things insured and if I had extremely low deductibles I wouldn't be driving :)

Anyway the one autoglass company said they would do the window installed for $300 out the door, for the tinted window for rain sensor cars. I will have it replaced on monday.

I've never had a window busted before, how do they handle the windows stickers? I'll be damned if I am getting the car inspected again! I want the old stickers (even if they are on glass!).
Inferno, I have State Farm Insurance and live in Florida, now I am not sure about the laws in Pennsylvania, but when a rock hit my windshield (only had the car a month also) State Farm replaced the windshield at no cost to me. I also was parked one day in a Home Depot parking lot (the car was 3 months old), no other cars around me, came out and found a deep dent right on the crease of the passenger side front door, must have been a 4x4 parked next to me, slammed their door into mine and took off. Took it to my dealer, they fixed the door for under $500.00 (of course I have a $500.00 deductible) but my insurance company also has a lifetime guarantee on the repair for as long as I own the car.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mark,

There are many states that handle window damage as no fault no deductible, my co-worker who is formerly from Kentucky said KY is the same way. PA is not the same way you have a comp and a collision deductible. My Comp is 500 my collisio is 1000. Those are high (I actually raised them when I switched to the new insurance company) because my rates were getting out of hand.

I will be paying 100% of the window out of my pocket... Lovely!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts