Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my HID headlights haven't been seeming to fit very well in the housing on my C because the light beam visibly "shiggles" on the road in front of me when I hit the slightest imperfections in the road. So I took the bulb out and put a rubber washer around the base of the light and carefully reinserted the bulb. All seemed well and I thought I had done something ingenius.
Well, not only did it not work but I tried to tighten the little screws on the back of the headlight just a little bit more. Wouldn't ya know it the top one snapped off and promptly fell to the bottom of the car. Now I have a problem... how can I go about removing this screw?

(And do any of you guys with the StealthAuto kits have this light jiggle? If not I'm going to them)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the same jiggle over bumps. I've tried to put shims behind bulb rim but no help. The bulb actually doesn't feel loose but the jiggle is still there. If anyone has a fix, please post.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have it! I have it! Same problem with the 3000K kit I have for my fogs. Headlights were fine, but I have Focuztechs so they might be different than OEM's. I talked to Todd and Aaron, and figured out that the rubber o-rings the kits come with are too big - try using the ones from the stock bulbs. You can also loosen the three screws around the collar when installing, then tighten them back up - gently. This may not work for the one already busted (sorry) but you might be able to get a good seat on the rest, and save the one broken. I could not get them to seat right until I did this - now no problems at all

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did put the rubber o-rings from the stock bulb on the aftermarket HID lights though. But you're right, the light isn't actually loose. I tried moving the back of the light and even with the broken screw I couldn't get the back end to budge. I am thoroughly confused with this.
I was thinking of just getting the stealthauto ones but nobody has replied in this thread about those.
Ugh... the HID saga continues

·
Registered
258 Posts
I was thinking of just getting the stealthauto ones but nobody has replied in this thread about those.
Ugh... the HID saga continues
Not sure what you mean - both of my kits are from StealthAuto. Thats the only problem I had with them being mounted up was the fat o-rings. Other than that they are definetly worth the investment. The company that makes them is DDM - they do all sorts of BMW stuff so you know its good. Talk to Aaron and he can get you a good deal on a set - or two.

Can you send a picture of the part that broke?

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure what you mean - both of my kits are from StealthAuto. Thats the only problem I had with them being mounted up was the fat o-rings. Other than that they are definetly worth the investment. The company that makes them is DDM - they do all sorts of BMW stuff so you know its good. Talk to Aaron and he can get you a good deal on a set - or two.

Can you send a picture of the part that broke?
Oh, I thought that when you said you had Focuztechs that meant they weren't stealthauto ones. Seems like that or the new 50w Oracle HID kit is what I'll be going for here in a few days.
The broken part is just the top star-headed screw that holds the light bulb in tightly. I was actually able to get my friend to tap it or whatever and get it out today which was awesome. So all I need is a screw and a new HID kit... on without jiggling lights. (I've tried different o-rings from headlights I've acquired over the years from my previous car to no avail)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts