Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey friends!
Does anyone have a sulotion for aa not connecting? Ive tried differnt cords and plug ins. Uconnect doesnt even reconise a phone is connected through usb. Bluetooth works fine and my phone charges when connected but just cant get anything to happen for aa to work.
Any advice will be great!
Had the car for my 2nd day and love it!! Just want this issue fixed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try installing the "Android Auto" app (by google) on the phone first, then plug it into the USB jack inside the center console.
Hey thanks for the speedy reply!
I have tried that, also made sure file sharing is on and went through setting in aa to make sure it can be reconised. Still nothing happening.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Are there any other USB connectors in the car (like in the storage box under the volume control) - try those plugs too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are there any other USB connectors in the car (like in the storage box under the volume control) - try those plugs too.
I believe those are 12v. One underneath the screen and one in the center console. Ive tried both usb connections tho.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found my car's AA preferred warm cables. I had more luck in winter taking one from the house than using one left in car overnight. 3' cables are better too than longer ones. I use the drivers side USB plug in the center console. This spring, AA is connecting right away and stays connected, knock on wood.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
I found my car's AA preferred warm cables.
That's nuts! When I bought my 2020, I mistakenly thought that Android Auto could work over Bluetooth. Such is not the case. But it does support a WiFi connection... See this section found on sda-developers:

First, you’ll want to make sure that your Android Auto head unit has WiFi support. Connecting requires a WiFi connection between your phone and the Android Auto unit. Then you’ll want to make sure that your phone supports a wireless connection. There are only a few devices that support this feature. See if your device is supported in the list below.

• Google Pixel 3 XL
  • Google Pixel 3
  • Google Pixel 2 XL
  • Google Pixel 2
  • Google Pixel XL
  • Google Pixel
  • Nexus 6P
  • Nexus 5X
  • Samsung Galaxy S8
  • Samsung Galaxy S8+
  • Samsung Galaxy S9
  • Samsung Galaxy S9+
  • Samsung Galaxy S10
  • Samsung Galaxy S10+
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 8
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 9
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 10
I don't have one of those phones, so I'm out of luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts