Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the sound group II and today when I put up the volume to about 20 I heard this awful rattle coming from the back of the car. It sounded like I blew a speaker. I got out of the car and went to the back to hear the sound and I leaned on the rear decklid and the noise stopped. Now I don't know what to do. Does anyone else hear the same thing when the volume is at 20 or above when your listening to a song with a little bit of bass? :confused:

·
Registered
159 Posts
No rattle yet.... But only reached 15 or so.... I NEED to hear the Hemi singing too :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
I think I read a comment somewhere about a guy who had a similar rattle and it turned out that the trunk lid liner was vibrating against the metal lid. Maybe it can be tightened (I don't know how its attached), or a few well placed shims may help???

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
NYCARAUDIO said:
I have the sound group II and today when I put up the volume to about 20 I heard this awful rattle coming from the back of the car. It sounded like I blew a speaker. I got out of the car and went to the back to hear the sound and I leaned on the rear decklid and the noise stopped. Now I don't know what to do. Does anyone else hear the same thing when the volume is at 20 or above when your listening to a song with a little bit of bass? :confused:
Same problem here, I am going to probably rip the deck off and see what is going on and in the process install some brown bread to help even more.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea I'm going to bring it to my shop and take it apart and see what I can find.

·
Registered
631 Posts
You may want to check out this TSB

You may want to check out this TSB, several forum members have had it performed and solved their rattle condition. Not sure if its exactly what you are experiencing. I have not had this work performed or have the rattle, someone who has had the work may be able to comment on exactly what was done.

03/12/05 … 2005 .. #23-007-05a .. Rear Shelf Speaker Buzz/Rattle Sound .. (3)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the same problem, i'll show the TSB to the dealer next visit, maybe they can fix it.

definately sounds like loose trim clips..

Michael

·
Registered
134 Posts
great

that makes me feel alot better,
i'll stop by next week and get it fixed too. hopefully =)

anyone have buzzing in the passenger door panel? i have a slight panel buzz, but i cant hear it as clear as the rear deck problem.

also, does anyone know the ohm rating of the rear sub, i was thinking of using an old mtx blue thunder 75x2 amp to boost the power of that sub until i buy a real one. the amp can handle 2 - 8 ohm mono or 2 - 8 ohm stereo.

maybe i should just leave it alone.

·
Registered
38 Posts
you are all mentioning the TSB and did what it said to do.. but what does it say? I can't seem to find details how to fix it. I just see it listed.

Thanks

·
Registered
375 Posts
wait, it has a volume control? I thought it was off or max...My two modes of listening enjoyment...no rattles

·
Registered
382 Posts
For most the rattle was coming from the cardboard insert in the trunk that was attached to the bottom of the rear deck. It basically hid the rear speakers from view. You simply remove it and the rattle goes away. If that doesn't do it for you, then you just reinstall it. It's attached with a few push pins (christmas tree pins). This was primarily a problem in the 2005 C's. I have a 2006 and noticed that this cover was heavily insulated now with what looked like carpet padding.

If you want to take off the rear deck and soundproof it etc, I've posted the how to here:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9368

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks. I read that it was the cover, but I just wanted confirmation. I will be doing this today. Nothing like having a new car.. showing to friends... they ask about the stereo and next thing you know it sounds like SHIT! :)

I appreciate the response.

oh, I guess I should introduce myself. Just bought a 2005 300 limited on Saturday. I am in the PNW (Bothell, Wa).

I went to Kirkland Chrysler and Jeep Friday. I will never go back there nor would I want anyone else too. Horrible Pushers! Saturday I went to dwayne lane in Everett and the were better than I expected.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Rattle

NYCARAUDIO said:
HMMMMMM, I was wondering why the sound group 11 is no longer offered as an potion, now I know. I'll have to keep an ear on mine--- so far no problems.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So I removed the rear underneath shelf cover and noticed there was some type of plastic loose bowl looking think where the sub woofer would normally sit. I didn't get the sub package, but wtf would they put some loose plastic thing in there. I believe that was the rattle, but I still have the shelf removed.

Which now reminds me. Anyone have a turorial or an explantion how to just add a 8inch sub to that spot without have to rip apart much more.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts