Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before you say it, I know I should be wearing my seatbelt at all times. But with that being said, is there annother way besides going to the junkyard for some old fasteners to shut this thing up? I can't imagine all of you are law abiding citizens. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
I am not goint to say it, however one of my dads close friends was killed Saturday night. He was pulling a trailer going to the scrap yard with it, and was hit by a drunk driver. He was thrown out of the truck onto the road only to be run over by his still rolling truck and trailor. The truck barely mised his head, however his loaded trailor ran over and killed him instantly.

I am not going to say it, but all of it could of been prevented....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my condolences.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
MB - I can't imagine a more vivid or poignant example than that! I began using my seatbelt religiously after witnessing a similar accident, long before seatbelt laws existed. I'm so sorry your Dad lost his friend in such a senseless way.

mv - If you still feel the need, you'll find info here, but please stay safe!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
I too became an avid seat belt user when I bought my 1st car that had them in it. That was in '66, and again long before they were required by law. That was even before they were required to be installed in new cars, I believe that they were an option in my '67 GTX.
 

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
Joined
·
7,554 Posts
mvpatriot said:
Before you say it, I know I should be wearing my seatbelt at all times. But with that being said, is there annother way besides going to the junkyard for some old fasteners to shut this thing up? I can't imagine all of you are law abiding citizens. :D
Nothing to do with the law, for me. I wouldn't be typing this message if it weren't for belts.

Buckle up, buckaroos!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
There is a section in your owners manual that tells you how to cut it off. If that does not work, your dealer can do it.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
badss said:
There is a section in your owners manual that tells you how to cut it off. If that does not work, your dealer can do it
(shhh) I didn't tell him that on purpose, I pointed him to the other thread, where he'll eventually stumble across the procedure, but not before hearing more stories that may possibly change his mind about seatbelt use. :cool:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
87 Posts
mvpatriot said:
Before you say it, I know I should be wearing my seatbelt at all times. But with that being said, is there annother way besides going to the junkyard for some old fasteners to shut this thing up? I can't imagine all of you are law abiding citizens. :D
I have found a way to get the bell to stop, BUCKLE YOUR DAMN SEAT BELT!!!!
It's one thing to make the choice and might add stupid choice and not wear the seat belt, but to ask others how they can get around the reminder bell. I can only imagine your next question would be asking your fellow members if there's anyway of drinking excessively and passing a breathalizer test. Well buddy boy, it's there for a reason so smarten up and use your head!!!
There's a few things in life that are definitive, 1) the earth is round, 2) women were created to drive us guys crazy, & 3) seatbelts save lives.
I own an Insurance Agency here in the North East and have seen and heard it all. One story comes to mind of a clients mother coming into my office to tell me how her son had been riding in an Acura Integra without a seat belt and had been ejected through the rear window. After sliding down interstate 95, little was left of his skin and he did somehow survive his injuries. Start thinking a bit before you get behind the wheel of your car and you end up making the biggest mistake of you life.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Just an FYI, a cop friend of mine told me last week that insurance companies are starting to refuse compensation for people who weren't wearing their seatbelts.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
87 Posts
Finch said:
Just an FYI, a cop friend of mine told me last week that insurance companies are starting to refuse compensation for people who weren't wearing their seatbelts.
not a bad idea!!! Here in MA, claims will be paid even if the driver is under the influence of drugs and / or alcohol which really needs to be changed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
529 Posts
Having been in law enforcement for too many years to remember, and as a supervisor having to make that notification to family at all hours, and then being informed at 10.00 AM after getting off night shift that my wife and son were involved in a major accident and the only thing that saved them was seat belts, I say to you "DON'T BE AN IDIOT" use your seat belts, if not for you then think of your family!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
I really don't see how it should be anyone's concern if the guy is wearing his seatbelt. Vivid scare tatic examples of people being killed are not needed. We were all shown those videos in drivers ed, and as a grown adult, he is able to make his own decisions. All he asked was how to shut up the noise.

Look in your manual, I forget what page, but you have to jump through a few hoops to get it to work. The light will remain on, but the sound will stop. I too find it annoying.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
Northern Rider said:
Nothing to do with the law, for me. I wouldn't be typing this message if it weren't for belts.

Buckle up, buckaroos!
I second that. It's a really strange experience to have all the unrestrained contents of your car flying past your head in slow-motion along with that crunching sound and thud.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,071 Posts
Let me say I've been wearing my seat belt since I stopped using a baby car seat. I ALWAYS wear my seat belt

but

I will never condone a "seat belt" law that is only in place because major insurance companies lobby local and state governments. It's all about the coin and it's win win for the government (ticket revenue) and the insurance companies....But it's aaaall about the saaaafety and the chiiiildren. My ASS!

cha-ching cha-ching. More freedoms taken away for money under the guise of security.

Seat belts save lives, nobody is debating that. I WEAR MINE ALL THE TIME. But I want the government out of my life. I ride a motorcycle, not wearing a seatbelt (which I do) is small fries. I realize I'm taking my life into my hands every time I get in my car. We as citizens should not be punished for taking risks that affect nobody but ourselves.

Is the government going to fine me if I trip and fall for not tying my shoes? Since they're so concerned with my safety. :rolleyes:

Now I hear insurance claims are void if you're not wearing your belt! Geez, I guess the insurance cos' evil master plan is all coming to fruition.

Congratulations.

What they need to do is start making the Surgeon's General Warning label on cigarette packs bigger....I think EVERYBODY still smokes because they just haven't seen them. :rolleyes: no wait, raise taxes again. That will get them to quit.

O.k. Libertarian rant over, flame suit on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
frist thing i do when i get in the car even before i put the keys in the ignition is put on my seatbelt. i have lost a few friends when i was younger do to the fact they were not wearing seatbelts. its something that takes 2 seconds if that. isnt your life and the life of others worth those 2 seconds
 

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
Joined
·
7,554 Posts
mannionr said:
I really don't see how it should be anyone's concern if the guy is wearing his seatbelt. Vivid scare tatic examples of people being killed are not needed. We were all shown those videos in drivers ed, and as a grown adult, he is able to make his own decisions. All he asked was how to shut up the noise.

Look in your manual, I forget what page, but you have to jump through a few hoops to get it to work. The light will remain on, but the sound will stop. I too find it annoying.
Simple. Just snap the buckle together.

No it isn't anybody's concern - expect one's parents, partner, children, close friends - and - the paramedics who have to scrape the driver's remains into a body bag - and the poor cop who has to inform his loved ones of the consequences of his stupidity.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,071 Posts
Northern Rider said:
Simple. Just snap the buckle together.

No it isn't anybody's concern - expect one's parents, partner, children, close friends - and - the paramedics who have to scrape the driver's remains into a body bag - and the poor cop who has to inform his loved ones of the consequences of his stupidity.
I think we should be branded with:

"Caution! life is hazardous to your health"

Across our foreheads when we're born....And impose a "life" tax. :rolleyes:
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top