Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here....However I am not new to working on cars, my wife has a 300 and I just put 22's and a grill (purchased off of ebay for around 270.00) on her car. The grill is listed as a "phantom" but not the 700.00 phantom and of course I did not look up how to install until after I was done... The grill would not fit with the bumper pad in place so I had to remove it...has anyone taken theirs off and does it negatively effect the car? Also the grill had bolts basically welded on that went throught the fascia and small nuts (I know) that went on these bolts...but the bolts are long...maybe 2" and the grill is thick so the bumper pad would not go back on. Also the grill does not sit flush with the fascia, when looking at the car from the front, the grill is 1/4 of an inch off. When looking at the grill at eye level, the grill is 1/4 of an inch under the top of the fascia also...I am just trying to see if anyone else has a similar grill and similar problems, or should I take it back off and find a way to make it flush and get the bumper pad back on...???? thanks

the company I purchased it from does not have any answers as they are just a distributor and say I should take it to a professional grill installation shop????

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Welcome!!! I gave you a link in your other thread. Hopefully it will answer any questions you have.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Looks like you received some handy information in your other thread.

Please post back and let us know if you were able to correct your grille installation.

bruno

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the forum from Scotland. I left some info for you on your other posting - but I don't like the sounds of this - one would have thought that the fitting should have been pretty straightforward. I know some aftermarket grilles were produced as a sort of "fit over the top" to ease fitting - could this be one of these and you are giving yourself a hard time trying to fit it in place of the original grille? Good luck anyway
Cheers John

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Welcome aboard!! Let us know if your answer isn't satisfactory, or you need anything else.

Glad to have you here!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts