Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Joined the other day, and today took delivery of a shiny 300 CRD Touring.

I'm glad to see so many UK and especially Scottish members on here.
The Scots must like these cars for their Value for Money !

My car isn't new - it's just over a year old. The user manual is "in the post" according to the previous owner, so I've spent the last few hours driving myself berserk, pressing switches and buttons at random, and then rushing back here to see if anyone has posted "and this is what THIS button does".

So, bear with me. I expect that over the next couple of weeks, I'll come up with some real beezers of Daft Laddie questions for you. So long as you remember that I can't RTFM. Yet !

Cheers for now. Off to press some more buttons.

Z :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi Zorro,
First off welcome to the forum from Hamilton. You have just got your car at the right time - we are having our first Scottish Meeting ever this Sunday at New Lanark. Basically the deal is that you turn up from 10.30am onward and you will find our cars parked near to the New Lanark Mill Hotel where most (not all) are booked for a carvery lunch - if you want to join us for lunch then phone the hotel on 01555 667200 and ask to be seated at the Chrysler table. There is plenty to do at New Lanark and you can read up on it at At Last - A Meeting Has Been Arranged None of us that are going have ever met before so you certainly won't feel strange (any more than the rest of us will). Anyway post back here if you can manage - you will be made most welcome - you might even learn some of the tricks and tips for your car.(friends and family too if you want to bring them along).
Cheers John

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
welcome,I'm from the dark side having the Hemi,any questions about the controls just ask away,everyone will answer,best bet is to mess around with it,it wont break,best trick is pulling fuse 11 once in a while ( read once a week)In fact do it now then drive it like you stole it,it resets the tranny and fueling back to factory settings(its got an adaptive contraption in one of the many computors)had mine nearly 3 yrs now and I'm still not bored with her,ENJOY,but brace yourself.lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much for the message of support from both of you.

I found out about your Sunday meeting at New Lanark earlier this week. But, as luck would have it, I was already booked on a residential course for the entire weekend. Otherwise, I would certainly have met up with you.

I also don't think of Hemis as being from the Dark Side, as we have hired them in the States in the past - and think that they are pure dead brilliant. If you can afford the petrol. As I have to buy my own fuel, and being a recent-ish convert to diesels anyway, I must admit that I really like the steam hammer lump of torque, in preference to paying for petrol at 12 mpg at Gordon Brown rates.

Anyway - got to go again. Off to pull that fuse 11. Now, where can I find that fuse box ?

cheers
Z

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Hi Zorro!
Welcome to the forums. I'm glad watsonfearnock has another fellow member from Scotland on the forums! Hope you can one day attend one of their meet and greets.

bruno

1 - 6 of 6 Posts