Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for lunch with a buddy on Saturday and as we were leaving the parking lot I noticed a brand new BMW 550i in front of us. I made a comment to my friend that one of the guys in our office who purchased an M5 last year (tranny, and SMG clutch have been replaced 3 times, the last time his car was in the shop for a month and they actually paid his lease payment of $1600) should have paid 30K less for the 550, we laughed!

As we made our way on to the over pass he takes off, seemed fast so naturally I joined the fun. As we reach the on ramp I am sure he is going to loose us in the turn but we manage to hang just fine (my friend is portly BTW!). Once we hit the freeway I drop the hammer so to speak and we are gone!

2008 BMW 550i at least $65K
2006 SRT8 $30K (used of course)
The look on this guys face when I roared past him.........................PRICELESS

Oh and my friend noticed a guy in a Range Rover Sport trying to play along too.........Laughable!!

The bottom line where I live, Orange County, all these snobs pay huge bucks for these high end cars and at the end of the day we can spank almost all of them. This car is the best bang for your buck by far!!! Can't wait to get my Predator.......

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
you should be spanking 750's and competition is only the M's, 550's are a waste of time. I know what your saying though i get alot of regular cars thinking my car is just as regular when in reality to them, its the hulk

·
Registered
648 Posts
Nice!!! gotta love it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I got beat on by a European car. Not a BMW though, not a Benz, or a Porsche or Ferrari. 04 Murcielago, e-gear.

Pure sex on wheels. Seeing this thing flying down the road, with it "bat wings" open......... DAMN!!!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
ahh that is one nice and fast ride yummy

·
Registered
541 Posts
you should be spanking 750's and competition is only the M's, 550's are a waste of time. I know what your saying though i get alot of regular cars thinking my car is just as regular when in reality to them, its the hulk
Not entirely true. The 335 series is quite fast. It's a driver's race if you're up against a 335. IIRC the 335 is rather faster than the previous M3s.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I got beat on by a European car. Not a BMW though, not a Benz, or a Porsche or Ferrari. 04 Murcielago, e-gear.

Pure sex on wheels. Seeing this thing flying down the road, with it "bat wings" open......... DAMN!!!
Yeah but I'm sure his Monthly insurance payment is your car payment...

Beautiful cars but not feasable for us little guys lol. SRT8's do just fine and I'm sure we could match the straight line performance with some good engine mod's before we switched to Forced Induction...

With just predator tune, exhaust, intake and probably heads, we're hitting 0-60 times around what that car hits, if not a little faster. So don't worry :)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Not entirely true. The 335 series is quite fast. It's a driver's race if you're up against a 335. IIRC the 335 is rather faster than the previous M3s.
ya i forgot about that 2-door coupe 335,those are pretty quick but that car is faster than the 550 and 750's i would think

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
seconded

just watched a 335 run a 12.7 in bad air. Chipped and CAI was all it had.

Get used to it, fellas. The new cars are QUICK!

You gotta out drive them.

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts

Yes, and bad air is not as much of a factor for the FI guys as it is for us. Not that I need to tell you that Steve, but for anyone else who was not aware...look out for those little guys this summer.

Eric

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

The 335 is a fast little car, but let me explain why there is no reason to compare that car with an SRT8

For one, the 335 is a poor man's M3! I know that sounds like a **** head comment but its true!

Its smaller than my 98' Honda Accord coupe

Pricing! When I was looking at buying a new car the sticker on the 335 with no nav or double hump as others call it was $48K...........

You can argue that these cars are getting faster, and your right they are. However, for the money there is nothing that comes close the the 300c SRT8!!!

I guess I'm just a happy customer!

·
Registered
231 Posts
i raced a 335 from 40mph to about 110 and i nosed it out but it was gaining when i let off .

·
Registered
780 Posts
Actually it's slower. If the 550i was trying, it would have been a close race to a stock SRT-8 but the SRT should win.

·
Registered
818 Posts
You know the 550i can be up to like $82k if fully loaded.

Anyhow ones who come up against me probably think they are kicking my ass cuz I usually don't do anything due to the person usually sitting in the passenger seat (fiance'), LOL! I ran into a few and I had a perfect chance with one other day at the front of the light but couldn't hehe.

Anyhow great story!

·
Registered
98 Posts
My buddy has a BMW 135i with a downpipe on it an I beat him by 3-4 cars from a dead stop. However his car is so small it looks like a go cart. I'm 6'3" and I wasn't even comfortable in it. SRT-8 is by far the best bang for your buck car.:fing02:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
The 135i is suppose be as fast as the 335i which is quite amazing. I'll be doing some runs with my new M3 as soon as I break it in a little more. My friend wants to run with Charger SRT-8, lol we'll see how that goes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts