Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just driving home from a near by city and I was at about 80 mph when all of a sudden my damn sunroof blew off the top of my car and shattered. What the hell is up with that? I am so mad, the dealer is going to hear from me early tomorrow morning. My car is all scratched up and crap!!

·
Registered
750 Posts
I am sorry to hear that happened

To help visualize the damage, I am sure we would like to see a couple of pictures, and as soon as you talk to the dealer; feedback on what is being done about it.

Zilla

·
Registered
108 Posts
what in the hell... that really sucks, hope that your dealer gets this resolved in an expedited manner.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it is just like the post that was posted in that link by Dodge. I was just driving and it sounded like I had a blowout or something, and I slowed down to check everything and the car was driving normal but I heard air so I pulled back the cover above my head and the glass was gone!!

And yes there was 2 cars behind me but not close enough to get hit by the flying debris.

Also I will post some pics tomorrow after I go to the dealer.

Blake

·
Registered
842 Posts
man you gotta be kidding me....geeez.>>>shaking head

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
I think everyone with this problem should report it to someone other than DCX in an attempt to have it recalled or something a TSB wont due. Imagine if you will you are driving and the damn sunroof flies of and hits the car behind you and goes through the windshield and kills the people the driver and that car causes another accident and so on, then what? This has the potential to be a public safety issue IMO.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
1SRT8-2NV said:
Yeah it is just like the post that was posted in that link by Dodge. I was just driving and it sounded like I had a blowout or something, and I slowed down to check everything and the car was driving normal but I heard air so I pulled back the cover above my head and the glass was gone!!

And yes there was 2 cars behind me but not close enough to get hit by the flying debris.

Also I will post some pics tomorrow after I go to the dealer.

Blake

Blake,
OMG!!!
man I am so sorry...
wholly geez!!!
leftover from Katrina?
like you guys need anything more to happen to you down there...
I wish you the best of luck...

EVERYONE!
if you have a sunroof...
get it checked out - quick!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Aren't you leaving out the part where you were driving 170MPH?

Mine is starting to sound like it is hailing outside...on the inside while driving. I guess I finally have to take it in. It will be my first dealer visit since driving away with her! Did you notice any noise coming from the sunroof before it took flight?

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
whoa!

man, that's one of the scariest stories I've ever heard.

Glad I wasn't behind you!

Please keep us in the loop for more info. I'm looking at mine today to see if there's any play in it when closed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Even after reading the other thread, not sure what to look for. I'm not going to the dealer to ask them to:

"Please check my sunroof so it doesn't fly away"

Is this related to the rattling sunroof sound TSB or what? Any symptoms first?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I called the dealer at home last night and I am on the way to meet him there this morning (he is my cousin). So I will let you guys know any info as soon as I can.

And for those of you that were asking if I heard or noticed any signs, NO the car seemed fine and then boom there goes the glass. And I was driving about 70 mph on the interstate when it happened for those curious minds.

Blake

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
1SRT8-2NV said:
I called the dealer at home last night and I am on the way to meet him there this morning (he is my cousin). So I will let you guys know any info as soon as I can.

And for those of you that were asking if I heard or noticed any signs, NO the car seemed fine and then boom there goes the glass. And I was driving about 70 mph on the interstate when it happened for those curious minds.

Blake
Blake,
since you had the sunroof partition cover closed...
can we assume the sunroof was not in the vent position then?
Thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thats insane, let us know what they find out as the cause/ repair.

thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys/gals on this, I have been out of town for a week on business. Well I took my car in to the dealer the day before I went out of town and they promptly ordered a new sunroof/glass and started the repair work on that following monday. My wife called me and said that the car was ready on tuesday afternoon, so she went and picked it up.

Their bodyshop is backed up so they have not gotten to the paint repair yet but at least they did get the glass repaired with a quickness! The dealer had no explanation as to why it did what it did, and I still don't understand it.

To answer the above question, No the sunroof was not in the vent position it was fully closed with the cloth cover closed above my head.

Blake

1 - 17 of 17 Posts