Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an e-mail from a dealer today where I ordered a car and have had it sit in BX for an eternity. It was possibly going to hit the allocation this time around and now I find out from them it won't be built as ordered due to sunroof hold ups!!

Anyone else hear of this? Can anyone confirm/refute this? I want to know if this is truly the case or if something else (run around, etc.) is going on.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
You might want to ask the guys over on BramptonAssembly.com . They could probably tell you a straight answer. Chances are your dealer doesn't have the allocation and that's holding you up - not a sunroof problem.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I know that there WAS an issue with the sunroofs in June and July. The company that manufactures the roofs could not keep up with the demand. Also I think there were some complaints from dealers about the early C's that came with sunroofs. I ordered one in June without a sunroof because I was told by the dealer that getting one with a roof would take about four months or more! I ended up getting lucky though muy cousin works for UPS and he saw a black C with everything ( but SAT ) on his route. I called and was able to put a deposit on it. ( I had to travel about a 150 miles to get it though ) I cancelled my original order and all is well. :) I know this was a long post but I hope it helps.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Krock43 said:
I know that there WAS an issue with the sunroofs in June and July. The company that manufactures the roofs could not keep up with the demand. Also I think there were some complaints from dealers about the early C's that came with sunroofs. I ordered one in June without a sunroof because I was told by the dealer that getting one with a roof would take about four months or more! I ended up getting lucky though muy cousin works for UPS and he saw a black C with everything ( but SAT ) on his route. I called and was able to put a deposit on it. ( I had to travel about a 150 miles to get it though ) I cancelled my original order and all is well. :) I know this was a long post but I hope it helps.
I am aware of the previous hold ups and why...that is why I asked if there was 'another'. Thanks.

·
Registered
294 Posts
If there is a hold up because of product you would probably be in BG. I got moved out of BX to BG becaue the NAV unit is back ordered.

·
Registered
188 Posts
missed it

Sorry JJs I guess I missed the 'another' in your post. What language was it written in? ;)

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Krock43 said:
Sorry JJs I guess I missed the 'another' in your post. What language was it written in? ;)

No prob! :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
jjs said:
Got an e-mail from a dealer today where I ordered a car and have had it sit in BX for an eternity. It was possibly going to hit the allocation this time around and now I find out from them it won't be built as ordered due to sunroof hold ups!!

Anyone else hear of this? Can anyone confirm/refute this? I want to know if this is truly the case or if something else (run around, etc.) is going on.

Thanks.
You could wait till Feb. or Mar. and buy my car when I trade for the SRT

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
indyCoder said:
You could wait till Feb. or Mar. and buy my car when I trade for the SRT

If I wait that long, I will just get the SRT myself. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts