Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Collected the car (300c 3.0) from the not so local fiat dealership following a service and MOT.
One of the front calipers was seized, which they tried to free but couldn't. Hence, one new brake assembly. Not surprised by this as it was already identified last year as slightly sticking.
Also, new front brake pads and new brake fluid.
However, looking at the invoice, it states that they used 'Selenia WR Pure Energy' engine oil. Knowing that our cars are very particular about the engine oil, I googled it.
This oil is ACEA C2 compliant, but nowhere does it mention the 'mb-xxx' specification.

Any comments anyone?

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
New thick brake pads will force the pistons further back into the corroded cylinders and then seize. This has happened to me with both front calipers.
I would assume that as Fiat/Chrysler is an entity, a Fiat specified oil is OK. At least it is 5W/30 grade, which is more than my MB branded oil admits to.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Had to replace all pistons in my front calipers last year. It's these wonderful ceramic compound materials they use that warp/distort over time. If one caliper was seized you can be sure the other one will follow
As stated new pads show the problem up when the pistons are pushed back in and bind. (y)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts