Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just wondering if anyone has sighted a 2008 300C. yet.
I heard from the guys at Werribee Chrysler that the 2008 will come with the MYGIG stereo, but with no navigation. Does that sound right.

Cheers for now.

Qantasman

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,
I actually have taken delivery of one as chrysler originally said they had a car available in my colour in stock but they did not actually have one so they had to give me one of the unreleased 2008 models. From what chrysler said it won't be available for a few months yet & the only other person who has one in aus is the QLD premier so i was lucky that they completed the order.
Yep does have a mygig hardrive stereo/dvd player with bluetooth i connect etc. have put about 30 cd's onto the harddrive so far & have only used 7% of the memory so should store heaps. Can also hold photo's etc which can be uploaded via usb. A few other minor changes as well to some of the equipment/settings inside as well.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hi,
I actually have taken delivery of one as chrysler originally said they had a car available in my colour in stock but they did not actually have one so they had to give me one of the unreleased 2008 models. From what chrysler said it won't be available for a few months yet & the only other person who has one in aus is the QLD premier so i was lucky that they completed the order.
Yep does have a mygig hardrive stereo/dvd player with bluetooth i connect etc. have put about 30 cd's onto the harddrive so far & have only used 7% of the memory so should store heaps. Can also hold photo's etc which can be uploaded via usb. A few other minor changes as well to some of the equipment/settings inside as well.
Welcome gazmel! Mygig sounds VERY cool! Having ONLY a 6 stacker gets annoying after a while :smashfrea

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
gazmel, congratulations on getting a '08 MY 300C out of the box early. I was talking to a couple of guys from Chrysler HQ and they said the stocks were rolling in, but I suppose they are trying to clear '07 stock first.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
I would have liked an 08, and that's what I originally ordered, but got such a good deal on the 07, it was hard to look past a saving of 9 grand plus luxury car tax and extra reg. So I took the 07 with a smile on my face.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I would have liked an 08, and that's what I originally ordered, but got such a good deal on the 07, it was hard to look past a saving of 9 grand plus luxury car tax and extra reg. So I took the 07 with a smile on my face.
worked out for the best IMO. Now you don't have to deal with that hideous antenna they put on the 2008's:fing02:

·
Registered
282 Posts
worked out for the best IMO. Now you don't have to deal with that hideous antenna they put on the 2008's:fing02:
Might be a hideous antenna, but al least I guess then the radio will work without all of that fuzzzzz crackle and pop.

Any photos of the offending hideous antenna?

cheers , Bruce

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
If I could save 10-20 grand on any '07 models hanging around when I (eventually) head into the dealership on C-day, I'd be tempted. But the rumoured 365hp and VVT on the 2009 5.7L model is just too good to jump the shark.

Gazmel, what's the interior like? Photos of the '08 interior have been prompting salivation around here for some time (myself included).

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi,
Welcome Gazmel, and gratz on your new toy. I am jealous of the MYGIG but I wouldnt trade the fun I have already had for an extended wait. I am glad they looked after you and got your order done. Looking forward to hearing lots from you in the future, oh and some pics of the new toy would be great if you have any. :)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts

some people also don't like the middle tail light imbedded in the trunk of the 2008. It kind of gives it a spoiler look which might appeal to some people. I kinda like it. It still looks 100% better than any other car! click below for the 2008.... notice the antenna

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Hmm. That's a little odd, the pic doesn't give a fantasic perspective on it, but at the moment I'm fence-sitting. How it looks in real life will decide wether I like it or think it looks like ass.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Might be a hideous antenna, but al least I guess then the radio will work without all of that fuzzzzz crackle and pop.

Any photos of the offending hideous antenna?

cheers , Bruce
If I could save 10-20 grand on any '07 models hanging around when I (eventually) head into the dealership on C-day, I'd be tempted. But the rumoured 365hp and VVT on the 2009 5.7L model is just too good to jump the shark.

Gazmel, what's the interior like? Photos of the '08 interior have been prompting salivation around here for some time (myself included).
Click below for interior pics, and a few more exterior pics. I think the new placement of the cup holders looks great in the interior as well as the side pockets on the doors, not too sure about that silver plastic they keep using. The antenna has got to go!:pat:

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts