Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with a 300c upgraded to the SRT8 stock suspension kit?
How much did it lower it?
Has the ride improved?

I have 50,000 miles on my 300c and am upgrading to 20" wheels/tires next week.
I've been researching lowering it at the same time, but am afraid of going with the Eibach's since I already have 50K on the shocks...figured this might be a good choice instead.
The KW is just too expensive so it's between this and the Hotchkis.

Thanks for any advice/info!
Stiltz

·
Registered
823 Posts
SRT8 suspension is only 1/2" lower.

The SRT8 hotchkis springs are 5/8" lower in the FRONT, 1 1/8" lower in the rear on a 300c non-SRT8.

This is a good compromise as it will LEVEL the car w/o being overly too low.

Then I would just go ahead and buy new SRT8 shocks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I am on this same topic (hi all, just joined the forum!) and have a near-new 300C (~600 miles) for which I have a set of SRT8 wheels coming in. I plan to run the stock SRT8 tire size (245/45x20 all around for rotation purposes) but want to get the car lowered SOME-what, but not all out like with my last car (Mach 1 with Eibach Sport Lines which was a little Too low, dragged on everything) but just want it low enough to take up some of the wheelwell.

Sounds like the Hotchkis set that was suggested might do that trick. Will use my stock shocks for now since they are still new, and look for SRT8 shocks later.

·
Registered
161 Posts
MR Bulk said:
I am on this same topic (hi all, just joined the forum!) and have a near-new 300C (~600 miles) for which I have a set of SRT8 wheels coming in. I plan to run the stock SRT8 tire size (245/45x20 all around for rotation purposes) but want to get the car lowered SOME-what, but not all out like with my last car (Mach 1 with Eibach Sport Lines which was a little Too low, dragged on everything) but just want it low enough to take up some of the wheelwell.

Sounds like the Hotchkis set that was suggested might do that trick. Will use my stock shocks for now since they are still new, and look for SRT8 shocks later.
Anyone knows how much these shocks are? Wil they improve the ride with the springs dramaticly?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts