Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody with Dynatech headers do a before and after dyno test? I am going to guess they are worth at least 20 rw hp. But I would like to see some real world dyno numbers if anyone has them. Thanks.

PS - any vendors actually have the Dynatech Magnum headers in stock. I called around today and couldnt find any place that actually had a set in stock including Dynatech.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Before and after on our Stock 06 Charger
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow, very impressive. looks like a solid 20-25 rw hp and rw torque gain all the way across the rpm range. did you run the high flow cats with that? thru the stock exhaust or an upgraded exhaust. sorry for all the questions. thanks again for the info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
No, that was a strictly stock baseline vs stock with just headers, that was still with true stock catback, those we run on the same day on the same rollers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
1st magnum srt-8,

Remember that the SRT-8 has a much better exhaust manifold from the factory, so it is unlikely that the SRT-8s will see has much gain from these headers. I would imagine there is still something to gain, but it won't be as much.

Todd
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,098 Posts
It would be interesting to see what kind of gains would be seen on an SRT-8. That has a better exhaust but is also flowing more through it. The gains with the extra displacement might be surprizing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
tbyrne said:
It would be interesting to see what kind of gains would be seen on an SRT-8. That has a better exhaust but is also flowing more through it. The gains with the extra displacement might be surprizing.
I have discussed the SRT-8 application directly with Dynatech. They are planning on a system for the 6.1L Hemi, but they have a few projects ahead of that development. There will be changes in the 6.1L system. Right off the bat, the current 2.5" pipe coming out of the current dynatech cats will not mate to the SRT-8 2.75" exhaust without a compromise. I actually hope to hear back from Dynatech in several weeks about development of the system. I have offered my SRT-8 for measurements.

Todd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WhiteDiamond said:
I have discussed the SRT-8 application directly with Dynatech. They are planning on a system for the 6.1L Hemi, but they have a few projects ahead of that development. There will be changes in the 6.1L system. Right off the bat, the current 2.5" pipe coming out of the current dynatech cats will not mate to the SRT-8 2.75" exhaust without a compromise. I actually hope to hear back from Dynatech in several weeks about development of the system. I have offered my SRT-8 for measurements.

Todd
I was able to find a system at one of the Dynatech dealers a few days ago. I should have it on the SRT8 next week. We will fabricate the headers to mate directly to the 2.75 in. SRT8 exhaust. Dynatech does make good stuff but they are not real fast about R&D and production changes. I would be surprised if they had a dedicated SRT8 system before the end of this year. Will report what kind of dyno numbers the headers add. Right now with the cold air kit we are getting 372 rw hp. I would be happy to be anywhere over 390 rw hp. We will see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
1st Magnum SRT8 said:
I was able to find a system at one of the Dynatech dealers a few days ago. I should have it on the SRT8 next week. We will fabricate the headers to mate directly to the 2.75 in. SRT8 exhaust. Dynatech does make good stuff but they are not real fast about R&D and production changes. I would be surprised if they had a dedicated SRT8 system before the end of this year. Will report what kind of dyno numbers the headers add. Right now with the cold air kit we are getting 372 rw hp. I would be happy to be anywhere over 390 rw hp. We will see.
We look forward to the results. You may want to call Dynatech and ask them if they could get you a set of 3" in/out cats with that flange on them. Maybe pricey, but it will allow you to mate up with any exhaust system. I am getting Magnaflow to validate their new SRT-8 system on the Magnum next monday, so I am very interested in Dynatech if they can provide a 3" out system.

Todd
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,098 Posts
I wouldn't be surprized if you at least get into the 390-395 range. From there you'll be a computer tune away from having over 400hp at the rear wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
tbyrne said:
I wouldn't be surprized if you at least get into the 390-395 range. From there you'll be a computer tune away from having over 400hp at the rear wheels.
What computer tuning options do we have??

Todd
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,098 Posts
Nothing right now :( Still waiting for some good custom tunings for the '05s. I believe these cars will really come to life after that is available.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2 Posts
What do the dynatech headers cost for a 300C?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,098 Posts


124-733300S 2005 Dodge Magnum/ Chrysler 300C Hemi Header package $1399.99
124-733300 2005 Dodge Magnum/ Chrysler 300C Hemi Headers with reducers $1049.99

There is a $100. discount if you place your order on our website.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top