Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, has anyone here actually strapped their 300C to a dyno yet?

I know Chrysler rates the HEMI at 340/390, but I'm curious to see what the rear wheel horsepower numbers are on a stock 300C.

Anyone??? :confused:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Checkout dodgemagnum.net and search on dyno. There is at least one member who dynoed a stock LX at 295 at the wheel and another with Flowmaster mufflers and no resonators at 304 at the wheels. I'm scheduling mine this week or next week as a stock 300C, NO MODS. It is currently running 14.32 @ 97.23 MPH in the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
128 Posts
As BBH said, the range I've seen is 280-300 RWHP / 300-320 RWTQ stock.

·
Registered
15 Posts
stock 273hp and 314tq

Borla exhaust 281hp and 323tq

dyno number at the wheels were done on a dynojet in-ground dyno, if anoyone wants the charts I can email them to you, let me know. A little video for kicks.

http://futrellautowerks.com/videos/chrisdyno1.wmv

Off to SEMA hopefully I will return with good news in the aftermarket world

·
Registered
79 Posts
When you're doing the dyno testing, wouldn't the skid control computer program sense the rear wheels spinning and the front not and limit the engine power to the wheels to lessen the "skid"? Also, should you use a fan in front of the car the cool the engine further than just the radiator fan? Nice video, should have edited in the dyno readout at the end.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The trick to dynoing the 300c is the manually shift the car to 3rd gear and when your speed reaches 70mph then do full throttle till redline. The computer will not down shift if you are doing a specified speed. If you have a correct rpm lead it will calculate number versus rpm and not factor in speed what so ever.

I was using a 36" fan blowing directly on the front of the car for cooling, along with the ambient air temp that day was about 52 degrees.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Seeing 270's stock and 280's with Borla is making me really believe Magnums are putting more to the ground. The 290's stock and 304 with flowmaster mufflers was from a Magnum. I've been to the racetrack twice and seen three magnums run faster times than my 300C, 14.20's vs my 14.30's. This may further prove this point.

Anyways, I got to schedule a dyno next week when I have time and see if the trend of 270's continues. Mine is completely stock right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts