Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need new tires as the crappy Contis are about bald at 24000. Based on a lot of negatives I've read here on the GY assurance,I decided to stay away from them. I was quoted a price for Bridestome Turanza serenity 99H. They quoted $860. out the door including lifetime rotation. Tire rack list them for about $748 incl. shipping, but I would have to add installation to that number. So, it seems the price I was quoted isn't bad.

Anyone have any experience with these tires? Is the quoted price fair? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Need new tires as the crappy Contis are about bald at 24000. Based on a lot of negatives I've read here on the GY assurance,I decided to stay away from them. I was quoted a price for Bridestome Turanza serenity 99H. They quoted $860. out the door including lifetime rotation. Tire rack list them for about $748 incl. shipping, but I would have to add installation to that number. So, it seems the price I was quoted isn't bad.

Anyone have any experience with these tires? Is the quoted price fair? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
"H" rated??,thats speed rated to 130 mph,if your running a hemi,you need "Y" or "Z" rated tyres

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's it? After four days the only feedback I get is a wisecrack?

Doesn't anyone have these tires?

Please respond.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Yeah, $112 more for lifetime rotating and all sounds great since they usually charge close to $100 to install the dang things anyway. I bought my BFG KDWS for a bit less than 600 (I can't remember), and tire rack was fast.

That said, I say the fatter the better! XD

·
Registered
248 Posts
Need new tires as the crappy Contis are about bald at 24000.

Sorry, the best I can offer is I replaced mine with the Bridestone Turanza EL400H. The tires were recommended by a client that runs a tire place. I looked up the tires on the web, and they rated poorly, but I think the reviews are for the non H rated tire. My client said try it for 30 days or 3000km, and he will change them if I didn't like them.

Well, I thought the tires sucked for the first 500km. The car just didn't feel right. Then, suddenly, the tires settled in and the car drove great. They are awesome in rain, and very good on snow. The tires give good feedback from the road, and are very predictable (unlike the Contis). On the tight turns, you can feel the tires bite into the pavement. They also match up well with the stability control, the computer gently pulling the car back on track so that it feels like the gentle hand of angels keeping the car on track. The car is a bit noisier with these tires though, but with the BA7 usually cranked to 23, I don't really notice.

So I am happy with the EL400H, and that's why I kept them. I was going to initially replace them with the Serenitys, which were actually a bit cheaper, but I was happy as I was. It is possible that the Serenitys may be better.

·
Registered
774 Posts

I bought a set of these last year and I can tell you that it's a great tire. I was looking for something comfortable, quiet, with great handling. I'm not interested in "z" rated super-sticky-wet-gum-like rubber (I own a Porsche as well which I race and I have a garage full of gumballs!). Since 90% of my driving is at a reasonable pace, I got me a set of these and can tell you I am VERY happy with them. And, what's more, they're great in downpours when you hit standing water (haven't hydroplaned yet, unlike the previous set I had on). The price is very fair. Just make sure to rotate them, as these tires should last you at least 7 years if properly taken care of.

·
Registered
465 Posts
im not a big fan of bridgestone/firestone tires. i would go with toyo or BFG's instead. michelin pilot sports are great tires too. there are cars out there with stock bridgestone tires and people just hated them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts