Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can cut through what look like hard water spots from when the car was in transport...when the light hits the side windows at an angle you can really see them. Regular auto window cleaner doesn't seem to cut it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Try a clay bar

I hear the clay bars used for detailing a car work good on glass to cut grime. Just lube the glass well.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I use Stoner Invisible Glass. If that doesn't work, you can clay it as mentioned or use 0000 steel wool.

·
Registered
378 Posts
C-Man said:
I use Stoner Invisible Glass. If that doesn't work, you can clay it as mentioned or use 0000 steel wool.

Nooooooooooooo..............
Use straight water and a Magic cloth.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks gang...will have to try some of these ideas.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
There is a thread with exhaustive discussion, Microfiber towels (Magic Cloth,et.al.) with water work exceptionally well. One slightly damp and finish up with a dry one. Try searching window cleaners for the thread.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
II kings 9:20 said:
There is a thread with exhaustive discussion, Microfiber towels (Magic Cloth,et.al.) with water work exceptionally well. One slightly damp and finish up with a dry one. Try searching window cleaners for the thread.
Oh yeah..thanks...just didn't recall hard water spots being addressed.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I believe Bon Ami is a mildly abrasive cleanser, similar to Barkeeper's Friend. Much less destructive than heavy-duty cleansers, and definitely the cat's meow for stainless steel, but I would hesitate to use it on my door glass for fear the abrasive particles, mild as they may be, might get inside the door mechanism.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
jjs said:
Oh yeah..thanks...just didn't recall hard water spots being addressed.
For hardwater etch try a cream window cleaner... I use NoStreek but it's not easy to find. GlassWax gives similar results and is very easy to find at Christmas (used for window stencils). If you can't find either, you can use a bit of toothpaste or baking soda or white vinegar (choose one) w/water on a damp cloth - not too much pressure - rinse immediately, repeat as needed until clean.

Of course, this is only for the exterior glass, especially if you have tint.... use plain water with a 'glass wizard' or microfiber cloth only on the inside!

·
Registered
58 Posts
i am a detailer and i use rightlook.com's glass cleaner with their blue lint free micro.....works great! if you clay the windows while washing the car it works even better.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts