Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I'm a newbie, former lurker. I'm coming from the import side looking into a used 06 CSRT8.

I'm trying to do my homework on the car before jumping in this time...and I have several concerns!

I've found these precautionary items, which is great: Depending on the build date that '06 might have the old rotors, the
leaky trans o-ring, the memory seats with amneisia, the bad tie rod
ends, and the crappy DVD based nav.

What I have not seen are high mileage cars still going strong!

Any of you pushing high miles? What problems have you encountered?

Sorry in advance if this is a repost for you. I've done my best to search!

Thanks guys.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
There are some here with 80,000 and 100,000 miles still going strong.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
my spin

Greetings,
I'm a newbie, former lurker. I'm coming from the import side looking into a used 06 CSRT8.
I'm trying to do my homework on the car before jumping in this time...and I have several concerns!
I've found these precautionary items, which is great: Depending on the build date that '06 might have the old rotors, the
leaky trans o-ring, the memory seats with amneisia, the bad tie rod
ends, and the crappy DVD based nav.
What I have not seen are high mileage cars still going strong!
Any of you pushing high miles? What problems have you encountered?
Sorry in advance if this is a repost for you. I've done my best to search!
Thanks guys.

First of all there is nothing wrong with the original rotors or pads. Nothing. Never was. They were dusty, worked great, and were actually getting fewer grooves with miles! I had mine replaced for free, as did most owners. They are rock solid and effective from over 150 mph!!!! One of the best features of the SRT8.

The trans O-ring is about 3.00 or so. Takes 15 minutes if you do it yourself.

I have never experienced any "amnesia" on my seats. The car resets everything for my wife when she wants and is ready for me when I click the fob to unlock. Many 300's were delivered with loose fuses and relays in the power boxes, carefully removing and re-seating them may help with the strange electrical problems.

I have to agree, the factory Nav is archaic, but they all have to have map storage, and we have a motion hack and updates available for a song!

One thing is for certain. In 25000 plus miles of "spirited" driving, countless strip runs, many road course track days, lots of autocross events, and general "Whup-ass" driving, my car has never missed a beat.

Better than ANY other hi-po car I have ever owned in over 35 years of always having a hot rod or two.

·
Registered
241 Posts
ive not had any issues with my o6. does 10,122 miles qualify as high mileage lol!!!!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sold my car to carmax with 46K miles. Never had any problems except with the resale which unfortunately sucked!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
111,000 km (69000 miles) in last 25 months. Runs strong, however, I am now so used to the power it seems not as fast until I take a new passenger for a ride then the look on their face tells the whole story once again! Car has not missed a beat, just done the oil changes and run 87 octane with 10% ethnol which gas station claims to be 90 octane. Front rotors (non slotted) and pads (original) replaced at 92,000 km with still a bit left, rear rotors (non slotted) are still going strong but I replaced the pads at 48,000 km. Been down the track 19 times and past 170 mph 3 times now. RSA's replaced the F1's at 35,000 km, still have some tread 75,000 km later and still have some tread.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds good, thats what I like to hear!

I would have normally considered this car given the huge size, displacement and cost- but prices are dropping considerably (given that most dont want a gas guzzler at this point in time). Insurance somehow is only $30 more / year than an 03 mazda, so I'm really considering making the jump!

·
Registered
169 Posts
i'm at 40k miles on my '06 and i haven't had it serviced for anything other than scheduled maintenence ... and trust me i am not babying her :)

it's an extraordinarily well engineered ride in that it delivers performance like a high powered sports car, but is at the same time as reliable as any car i've ever owned.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
111,000 km (69000 miles) in last 25 months. Runs strong, however, I am now so used to the power it seems not as fast until I take a new passenger for a ride then the look on their face tells the whole story once again! Car has not missed a beat, just done the oil changes and run 87 octane with 10% ethnol which gas station claims to be 90 octane.
If the pump says 87 octane w/ 10% ethanol, then it's only 87 octane. The gas station is feeding you a line of bull with the 90 octane claim. Our cars call for a minimum of 91 octane, with 93+ being preferred. You are doing your car an injustice if you aren't putting premium in it. Your knock sensors are working overtime with 87 octane and you are being robbed of power. Spend the extra couple dollars per fill up and put the correct gas in your car. You'll be happy that you did in the long run.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
my one year anniversary is coming up in two weeks and I'm almost at the 20k eclipse.....90% highway driving...no problems at all..had the o ring replaced with the tsb when the tranny began to leak but thats it...tires still good as well.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have an '05 with 46K. Had brakes done but original tires (they obviously need to be replaced now though...). I think Front struts need to be done also. Overall, i think the car is pretty reliable and reasonable given the performance. Key is to find/have a good dealer or service guy.

·
Registered
78 Posts
'07 had her birthday a week ago. 43K this year already:bigeyes:. Rear brakes and rotors shot at 34k :dead1:fronts still 40 percent OK, Swapped 'em out with the Posicentrics . Replaced rear F1's at 32K:frown:. Got predator at 36k:arms:, AFE stage 2 at 37K:fing02:, started using between 93 and 95 octane:alcoholic. Ready for another set of rear tires again at 43K:pat:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts