Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
appearance mods...i used to have the chrome pillars and chrome mirrors on my 05 300c, but on this one im not sure what to change since its a limited edition.
thank you for your response MADDOG

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
appearance mods...i used to have the chrome pillars and chrome mirrors on my 05 300c, but on this one im not sure what to change since its a limited edition.
thank you for your response MADDOG
Tint the windows for start. Maybe think about lowering or larger alloys to reduce the gap in the wheel arch? To be honest, that's all I would do along with maybe the chrome window surrounds. I think the car looks great as it is and too much would make it look bad. Nice ride...!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: enmyofthestate

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Oh and maybe clean the dust off before you take a picture. Ha ha But then again if you live in Texas I'm sure keeping your car clean isn't easy. ?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Tint the windows for start. Maybe think about lowering or larger alloys to reduce the gap in the wheel arch? To be honest, that's all I would do along with maybe the chrome window surrounds. I think the car looks great as it is and too much would make it look bad. Nice ride...!!!

He can have my chrome window surrounds. I'm actually thinking of blacking mine out :)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
To make a JV LE "your own", I'd say first order of bizness is to swap out the wheelz...after tinting of course (ref my post in your other thread). Lowering would help its stance as well...leaner and meaner; sexier! :biggrin: But if that's too much for your taste (or budget), definitely tint and wheelz.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
You deserve a ticket for not having the windows tinted. Then maybe a blacked out set of tails. Nice ride. Don't do too much to it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
dp300 how can i get em & how much??
Well, I was kinda joking. My SRT came with chrome surrounds and I'm looking to black them out. But they don't just come off. I think I have to dipp them or something like that.

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
Yeah, I'd tint and lower it first. I woudn't mess around with the body (chrome pillars) as that kinda messes up the limited edition look of the car. Ya have to be careful so as not to diminish the value. You don't see a JV at every corner and stoplight ya know.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MIXMODE...im getting them tinted today..lol..i know i dont wanna do too much...
hof99....im on the fence about some chrome wheels, i like the ones that came on it, just wish they were 22s. i have a buddy whos bringing me one of his wheels today to see if i like them (chrome stars 22")
dp300....i was thinking you didnt have them on, i know they dont come off without messing them up.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Post pics of the tint job (and a wash ;) ) when it's done. What % tint did you decide on? In VA it's 50% (a waste) on driver-passenger doors then 35% everywhere else. Most people go 35% without hassle but anything lower than that will for sure get you pulled. I miss the 15% I had on my old Prelude till I got 3 tickets within 2 months.

And I'd love to have those wheels ya got. I dig em and haven't seen any 300's here locally with em on.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MIXMODE..havnt decided yet on the %...i dont want anything too dark...i prolly get a light tint where you can barely see me...
yea i like the wheels too, just wish they were 22...about how much is it to lower a 300??

·
Registered
284 Posts
Think you could get away with 35% all around and the windshield tinted? Would make it a bit darker and maybe not as obvious since it will all match. The shop I got my ride tinted at tried to get me to do 35% on the front two windows and the windshield instead of 5% with a sunstrip. I told them to shut up and give me 5% lol. 35% is the darkest you can go in missouri for the sunstrip and front windows but the rear you can have as dark as you want. I've had 5% for 5.5 years now and gotten 2, maybe 3 tickets and only pulled over for my tint once. I've gotten a ton of other speeding tickets where they didn't say anything about my tint... Maybe they were distracted after running my plates and seeing my CCW license though lol. I'd say tint and lower to an aggressive stance for sure. I like those wheels and would probably keep them for awhile until you found something that you just had to have. Congrats on a good looking car.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I also assume that if your state is strict on window tint then tinting the taillights is out as well. Maybe try going with a light smoke to blend them into the car better. Check your local state laws too, but you may be able to legally get away with a tint 'pattern' on the taillights where there is still some red not covered by the tint.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Kind of a late post here. Have you done anything yet?

I would suggest lowering for sure. The wheel gap looks terrible...Also here is a thought. I personally love those rims and the color of them is perfect. Maybe you could get the inner part of the grille (the slats) and maybe the rear wing color matched to those rims?

I cant really tell from the pictures but are the window surrounds and mirrors already that color?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts